ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrade artrage 4.xx

upgrade artrage 4.xx

after seeing the info about upgrade the prog i tried to upgrade but it seems i'm stuck on the little white page you see after clicking the last "download"(choosing the Win version),as i never had any trouble at all for all the upgrades?

Not sure why you're seeing that - Could you let us know which browser you're using?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

i'm using chrome, Win 7 64bit

This seems to be an intermittent problem with the member area that we're trying to track down (you shouldn't be seeing a white page). To get around this, try right clicking on the last Download button and choosing 'save link as' (or 'save target as').

This will let you download the file manually, rather than letting it run and install automatically.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I actually just PM'd Hannah about this. I also got stuck on the very last panel, for downloading the update. I could click the button, but it seemed unresponsive (it didn't even seem to have sent a call for the download). I was able to initiate the download, myself, by right clicking on the link and selecting "Open Link in a New Window". For whatever reason, that seemed to kick the download into gear, as a save file prompt then came up.

(EDIT) - Forgot to mention I was using Firefox.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi, sorry to hear you are having issues with the member's area. I'm attempting to recreate/fix the problem.
    You are both using different web-browsers, so it's not likely to be a compatibility issue. It might be security feature blocking you by mistake or expired session based problem instead.

In the meantime:
    1) Can you please try log out of the member's area.
    2) Clear the temporary internet files and cookies.
    3) Exit the web-browser and re-open, then log back in.

That should renew your session. Does that help you resolve it?

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Me too. Click on download and no download occurs.

MAC OSX, tried it on Google Canary and Chrome and Firefox

And did the following:

1) Can you please try log out of the member's area.
    2) Clear the temporary internet files and cookies.
    3) Exit the web-browser and re-open, then log back in.

Ok, I just downloaded it. I could do it by going into my forum profile and selecting my version and clicking download.

It does not work by way of the Check for Updates panel as found in the program itself.
    Last edited by Victor Osaka; 08-26-2015 at 06:29 PM.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post

It does not work by way of the Check for Updates panel as found in the program itself.
    Oh, so THAT'S what's going on. We all just assumed you were using the member area directly - I've had this reported about a dozen times now and keep not being able to figure out what's happening. Thank you, I've managed to replicate it and now we can look into the issue.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I followed the way Victor was following and was able to install. thx Victor and thx to the support team!.

Just to add to the information...I downloaded without any problem from the "check for updates" window in ArtRage. I use Safari on an 27 inch iMac.