ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Chance colour grade while holding hot key

Chance colour grade while holding hot key

Chance colour grade while holding hot key

I hoping someone has already done this?

I am after changing grade of colour such as a dark brown and while holding a hot key and say move pen across the screen go up in choice of colour grade and make the brown for example light, same for moving pen the other direction while holding the hot key down.

Hope that makes sense, I use a wacom tablet and often just rotate zoom in increase decrease brush size degrease brush size by just holding the pen button in and hold shift for an example and zoom in out increase stroke size.

So rather than go back and fourth to the colour palette I like to go up and down a few levels in the colour.

Can this be done ?

Regards Rob

Hello asahiart,
    Sadly I'm afraid not.
    You can call up a colour picker which opens wherever the cursor is on screen by holding down Option+Command and clicking on the canvas but other than that it's a mater of using one of the many existing Colour Options.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Select colour

Many thanks for reply Mark,

What a shame as that be really useful for speeding up paintings, maybe in next upgrade ?

If it helps anyone when I paint on wood (with real paints) I put the colours often onto the canvas and work from here rather than keep mixing, its like a palette.

In AR i dislike the screen being overwhelmed with icons so press enter to clear, now with a screen only I put in say three of my shades of brown top of the screen I going to use and pick the colour using a option on tablet and swap from shade of colour much more quickly and smoothly.

Regards Rob