ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Along the River

Along the River

this may be a bit of a throwback to some earlier styles, lots of texture, a birds eye view flying over an island where two major rivers meet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Along the River.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	87322  

River 1: Hey babe, you strike me as a water sign, am I right?

River 2: Nope. Aquarius. . . cause I put on airs.

River 1: Ah. . . Born under the sign of the Jacuzzi. . . This could work. . .

River 2: Enya or Windon Hill?

River 1: Creedence. . . Green all the way. . . Wanna do some chooglin'. . .

River 2: Oh brother. . . a dirty old man River. . . why do I attract them. . .

Meanwhile, back at the painting. . .
    The water looks very bubbly, Gary. Very textural. With the right spirits, good music. . . I think they could make it clear to the ocean. . .

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Not if I was steering Cap'n Mac Hi Gary I'm back in the Fold thanks to MATT Who sorted it out for me ok I wish I could use colours like you

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE..................POZDRAWSKI

Reminds me of the aerial view when flying from Split to Rome recently - but they weren't as colourful.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Looks like home

The very colorful NYC. Broadway, central park, the rivers. Growing up in NY was actually terrific. We lived in Bayside , Queens. The joys of Manhattan without the sorrows.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    River 1: Hey babe, you strike me as a water sign, am I right?

River 2: Nope. Aquarius. . . cause I put on airs.

River 1: Ah. . . Born under the sign of the Jacuzzi. . . This could work. . .

River 2: Enya or Windon Hill?

River 1: Creedence. . . Green all the way. . . Wanna do some chooglin'. . .

River 2: Oh brother. . . a dirty old man River. . . why do I attract them. . .

Meanwhile, back at the painting. . .
    The water looks very bubbly, Gary. Very textural. With the right spirits, good music. . . I think they could make it clear to the ocean. . .

Right On, for me definitely Creedence one of my favorite bands!...

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Not if I was steering Cap'n Mac Hi Gary I'm back in the Fold thanks to MATT Who sorted it out for me ok I wish I could use colours like you

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE..................POZDRAWSKI
    Yea! great to have you back among us, colours have always been the main motivator in painting for me and I have spent hours and hours looking at the way different artists used colors from the bright and raw to the subtle. I guess that is why I eventually moved to abstract, I could paint and use what ever colors I wanted to at the time, not that you could not do portraits or landscapes the same way, but I just found it easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Reminds me of the aerial view when flying from Split to Rome recently - but they weren't as colourful.
    Interesting, that was such a memorable trip for you and your husband!..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The very colorful NYC. Broadway, central park, the rivers. Growing up in NY was actually terrific. We lived in Bayside , Queens. The joys of Manhattan without the sorrows.
    I can see that the rectangles ( via stickers ) give the impression of a cityscape seen from above... sounds like a great place to grow up.

gxpainter. I like your imagination of his paintings are special because they show your personality full of life
    Visit my website here