ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Shortcuts

Shortcuts

Hi everyone.
    I discovered ArtRage not too long ago, and it seriously rocks! I'm going to buy the complete version very soon (still can't believe it's that cheap, that must be the better quality/price ratio ever).

A few simple and easy suggestions that would make my life easier:

- add a ctrl+spacebar shortcut for zooming (you already have space for moving the canvas, and alt+space for rotating... where did the zoom go??!). This is because I'm not comfortable with the right click/right+left click for panning/zooming (it's doesn't feel natural for me with the tablet's pen).

- either give the possibility to remap the keyboard shortcuts, or at least offer the possibility to use different keyboard layouts. I use the english version of the software, but with a french keyboard, and that makes some shortcuts a bit silly or difficult to use.

Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot... A modifier shortcut (like alt, shift or control) to switch the current tool to the color sampler (as in Photoshop) would be extremely handy. Right now, unless I've missed something, you have to press "=", and then press the shortcut of the tool you used before that. Or maybe if you press '=' again you go back to the last tool, that could work too.

Hi lordabdul, I can help with the color sampler, if by that you mean the eyedropper tool. Just press Alt and your tool (pen, brush, whatever) will change to a sampler tool and when you let the Alt up you are back to draqing again. This is true for PC. If you are using a MAC, then I guess I can't help.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Mmmh, interesting... thanks for the tip!
    It's actually listed in the keyboard shortcuts when you know what to look for... changing the cursor when you press Alt would be a good visual indication that you can indeed pick a new color. Maybe in the next update?

I think it changes to a small cross instead of a dropper, but it still picks up color.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

If you're not using precise cursors, then the cursor will change to a small crosshair when you hold down alt. If you are using precise cursors, or your existing tool is at a small size, then it will be a crosshair either way basically as it stands currently.

Tthanks for the suggestions!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design