ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Stylus-Only setting still allows my palm to touch the UI controls Samsung Note 10.1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3

    Stylus-Only setting still allows my palm to touch the UI controls Samsung Note 10.1

    Hi-

    I'm a huge fan of Artrage and when I saw it was coming to Android I immediately got it. One thing that is really annoying for me though is that even though I have the stylus-only mode turned on, the bottom of my stupid hand can still touch the UI buttons, I can't use my fingers to paint but my palm still changes the colors on me constantly...this seems like it would be easy to fix and is really annoying.

    -Jason

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3
    my palm also moves or resizes the canvas as well

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    1,855
    That's actually intended. Stylus-only means that you can still use gestures to interact with the canvas (e.g. zoom, moving it around, three finger swipes to resize the tool), but that you won't accidentally draw on the screen when you touch it.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

    This is not my signature.

    Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    That's actually intended. Stylus-only means that you can still use gestures to interact with the canvas (e.g. zoom, moving it around, three finger swipes to resize the tool), but that you won't accidentally draw on the screen when you touch it.
    I'm sure it is intended but the problem is that your palm ends up moving around or zooming the canvas or changing the color of the pen...it makes it totally unusable. You should have a quick toggle button on the UI that allows you to turn on and off gesture controls, this is what the samsung drawing app has, it's a very simple but effective solution. Have you ever tested the program out on an android device large enough that your palm has to rest on it while drawing with a stylus? I'm pretty sure you would notice this behavior immediately.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mansfield, MO
    Posts
    300
    Would also be good to be able to set the tool UI on the right or disappear.. Some of us are left handed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by evilxsystems View Post
    I'm sure it is intended but the problem is that your palm ends up moving around or zooming the canvas or changing the color of the pen...it makes it totally unusable. You should have a quick toggle button on the UI that allows you to turn on and off gesture controls, this is what the samsung drawing app has, it's a very simple but effective solution. Have you ever tested the program out on an android device large enough that your palm has to rest on it while drawing with a stylus? I'm pretty sure you would notice this behavior immediately.
    That's something we'll definitely look into, thank you for the suggestion. (Edit: Do you know which app the 'Samsung drawing app' is?)

    Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftOnFire View Post
    Would also be good to be able to set the tool UI on the right or disappear.. Some of us are left handed!

    Unfortunately, UI redesigning is pretty complicated; we have had requests to completely hide the interface, so we'll make a note to look into this as well, but right now it's unlikely to happen. Edit: Just checking in case you weren't aware, but it's possible to partially hide the tools menu by tapping on the 'current tool' icon.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

    This is not my signature.

    Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •