ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pre-sets

Pre-sets

...well thats what they are called in music files,but saving artRage stencil / trace temps where? is a bit of a mystery to me,i've tried in the sub folders in application itself
    trace files stencil files etc.. no dice.I guess this info might be in the user guide but I thought i'd ask first.
    any clues from Mac users?

Hello Oli
    All Tool Presets, Stencils, etc… that come with AR are indeed held within the app itself.
    Anything else that is added by the user is kept in: User Home Folder > Documents > ArtRage Paintings > Custom Content.
    (I've always thought the ArtRage Paintings folder should be in Application Support in common with most other Mac apps but if you move it, AR will just create a new one with empty sub-folders where it was the next time it launches and uses that).
    You can also access the contents of the ArtRage Paintings folder directly from within AR itself by going to: Tools > User Content and picking a folder from the list.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks mark
    I'll give that a try

The Application Support folder is generally intended to contain internal application files rather than user files (it's also inside the hidden Library folder so it's not easily accessible for the most part), which is why ArtRage places paintings in the user Documents folder where user generated content is usually intended to go. We shifted other user content there with ArtRage 4 to better support the standard.

However - We do have a note to look at allowing the customisation of the default file location for user content in the app, which would allow you to shift it around. Application Support still wouldn't really be the right place for it but customisation may make that possible if you really wanted.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

As they say Matt; "you can't pleas all of the people all of the time" And that's probably doubly true for you developers!
    I dimly recall that back in the day Macs had a folder as standard called Resources in the Applications folder where such thing could naturally live. Long gone now.
    Still, I for one would like it if we could choose our own preferred location for it in future AR's if possible. Though I wouldn't want to distract you all from coding whatever more important and exiting things you are preparing for us!
    But if you did have some time…
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)