ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fill Tool issue

Fill Tool issue

Hello,
    So whenever I try to use the fill tool to fill in a shape which is the same colour as its border, a large majority of the shape will be filled in except for a thin white outline the borders between the original border and the filled in area. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	87212

Obviously the only way for me to then tackle this is to painfully go around the image to remove the border. Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks

Have you tried increasing the "Spread" option on the Settings Panel?

Name:  spread.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  50.1 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hello Lenny and welcome
    Yes making sure the Spread is 100% important as someonesane says or it might not reach the line.
    Also if the fill is using Antialias and it meats a line that also used Antialias then you almost always get this "ghost" line.
    I've usually found it best to do the fill on a different layer than the line work to get around this. It also makes altering things a bit easier if you need to later on.
    The screen shot shows the Fill settings I would normally use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 23.25.13.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	87214
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Just to clarify why this happens:

Antialias 'smoothes' the edge of the line, which means that there are some shaded/translucent edges that aren't really visible to the eye, but are visible to the computer. These are what the Fill tool isn't filling, or the edge of the Fill area is also shading out over. If you turn it off for the Ink pen and Fill (it's not an option for other tools), then there will be a clear border change between the line and the fill area.

And yeah, filling the layer underneath is usually the easiest option.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!