ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palm Changing Size of Canvas/ Stylus Issues

Palm Changing Size of Canvas/ Stylus Issues

Guys,

I've had great success with Artrage 4.0 on the Surface Pro 3. But, recognizing that I will be taking many long flights in the months to come, I decided to invest in an iPad with its longer battery life and USB cable for charging in flight. Yesterday, I downloaded Artrage for iPad. I'm pretty sure that I have the stylus, a Bamboo fineline, connected to bluetooth correctly. But, even with palm recognition turned on (or at least "touch off") when I rest my palm on the screen, the canvas starts zooming in and out uncontrollably. How do I fix that?

Also, the stylus seems not to be pressure sensitive for the pencil. It works for oil brush and water color in that it makes the line thicker. But I don't see a change in the opacity for the pencil, which is what I get using Artrage 4.0. Any fixes?

Thanks,

Felix

Quote Originally Posted by FelixA7 View Post
    But, even with palm recognition turned on (or at least "touch off") when I rest my palm on the screen, the canvas starts zooming in and out uncontrollably. How do I fix that?
    Stop resting your palm on the screen, I'm afraid.

More helpful answer: the app doesn't actually have proper palm rejection yet - it can't be turned off completely (you can draw with your finger and use gestures, or just use gestures, but either way, touch is going to be an issue). But this is something we are working on for an upcoming update, which should have improved stylus support all around (we're just wrangling specific styluses right now, so we can't promise exactly which features will work with which styluses yet).

Quote Originally Posted by FelixA7 View Post
    Also, the stylus seems not to be pressure sensitive for the pencil. It works for oil brush and water color in that it makes the line thicker. But I don't see a change in the opacity for the pencil, which is what I get using Artrage 4.0. Any fixes?
    It should be pressure sensitive. Would you mind checking the pencil settings, in case the setup you're on just isn't showing opacity changes clearly? (and so we can test it). Also turn the size up to 100%, so you can see what's going on, as it's a very small line.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!