ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Painter 2016 - anyone..? ArtRage 5..? Anyone?

I'm not a great painter. I just like to have fun trying. I tried Painter 2017. It's very technical. The only reason I even tried it was that when "tracing" people in Artrage, the flesh color is not reproduced well. I found that Painter did a better job at that (Cloning). However, for the overall enjoyment of painting...ArtRage is so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TMD View Post
    I'm not a great painter. I just like to have fun trying. I tried Painter 2017. It's very technical. The only reason I even tried it was that when "tracing" people in Artrage, the flesh color is not reproduced well. I found that Painter did a better job at that (Cloning). However, for the overall enjoyment of painting...ArtRage is so much better for me.
    We're very glad to here you enjoy using ArtRage! It isn't primarily designed for photoediting/tracing/painting the way Painter is (it has a very large professional photopainting audience and a lot of features aimed at that), but we may be able to help you get better results, so please ask if you're stuck on anything.

Off the top of my head, you might be having problems with the 'color picking' behaviour; in ArtRage it picks a color from the image and then *keeps* that color for the entire stroke, inside of changing as it passes under different hues. There are two tools that do something different: the sticker spray and the custom brush will pick up a new color with every dab/sticker, or can be modified to do so (they have more technical options).

The Custom Brush is ArtRage 5 only (I don't know what you have, but try the free AR5 demo if this feature is important to you: www.artrage.com/demos), and there's a demonstration of the tracing color picking at the bottom of https://www.artrage.com/manuals/cust...olor-settings/
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by TMD View Post
    How is the flesh color not reproduced well? Using what brush?