ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Trees - Red Sky

Blue Trees - Red Sky

some organic shapes and loose impression of a landscape with blue trees and red sky... I used some early version of previous work and took it to a new direction with a bit more painting evident over the past few works. enjoy and all comments are welcome!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Trees - Red Sky.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	87195  

Gary, I always look at your work and enjoy the beautiful colours. I feel bad that I don't comment on each one - it's only because I don't understand abstract paintings and can't find something intelligent to say about them. Please know that I do look and enjoy them. This one especially, I can see that you put a lot of thought and work into it.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you June, I know people are somehow intimidated by abstracts, in that they aren't sure what they are looking at, and don't know what to say... but paintings , color, line , texture speaks it own language and using words to describe them is another thing. If my paintings delight your eye , or present a mystery that is a good thing. So thank you very much for your comment!... I love your paintings and are also a delight!...

This is one of those paintings that if you look at it long enough, you start to see other things. Fun!

Neat-o. Has a collage feel. I like the "rude" wadded character to the color patches where it feels hand done.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Neat-o. Has a collage feel. I like the "rude" wadded character to the color patches where it feels hand done.

thanks D Akey I wanted a bit more of a hand done feeling on this version, by dog
    Ty kept wacking my arm with his tail so I added a little more looseness to the whole affair.

Enjoying your art

I felt inspired when my three grand daughters were with us last night to show them your art work and give them a chance to really play with the colors and tools on Artrage. We had my husband's and my old IPads and my new one so all three had their own to work on. They had such a great time! They are thirteen, ten, and six and a half. They did many pictures and we emailed them to their Mom and Dad. We have done scenes and subject matter but this was the first time they were just set free to create.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    I felt inspired when my three grand daughters were with us last night to show them your art work and give them a chance to really play with the colors and tools on Artrage. We had my husband's and my old IPads and my new one so all three had their own to work on. They had such a great time! They are thirteen, ten, and six and a half. They did many pictures and we emailed them to their Mom and Dad. We have done scenes and subject matter but this was the first time they were just set free to create.
    WOW Marilyn Anne, I am so touched, what a wonderful thing to do. I am so moved that you found my art as a source of inspiration for these beautiful young artists.. THANK YOU so much for sharing this picture of them

I would like to note for the British among us who've had naught but rain. . . those are tans.

@Marilyn Anne: Gotta love young artists! Makes me want to go back to school and revisit the sheer optimism of having it all ahead of ya.

BTW, those paintings look great in that room!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Bright and cheerful, Gary