ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Songstress

The Songstress

Some thing different from me. I filled a canvas with black, grey and white - using various palette knife and layer mode settings I played until I could see something recognisable - looked like a female alien. Then I made some colour adjustment and set to work with the knife and 'carved' out what you see here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Songstress.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	379.6 KB 
ID:	87122
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Nice job. I've had lots of fun in the past using the knife tool to create some interesting effects, I use the idea of carving out an idea quite a lot.

Looks like you had fun creating your pretty lady

I suspect this will spark a lot of experimenting. Have fun discovering what comes out of canvas.

Thank you Red, Jean and Bobbi - I'm looking for more inspiration but it's not as easy as looking at clouds and seeing images.

I think it's called pareidolia, being able to see images in innate objects. I found this reference to Leonardo da Vinci.

Leonardo da Vinci wrote about pareidolia as an artistic device. "If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills," he wrote in a passage in one of his extensive notebooks.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/