Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop brush organizer and .PNG creation

Here is another example with the before and after...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yes, I see I think jmac, something is up here...
    If I run the conversion inside Automator all is well. However you are right if it is run as a Service outside of Automator it's not 100% reliable is it
    I have pulled the version you downloaded and will go do some more tinkering with it. I have an idea…
    PS:
    jmac, RedSaucers thanks for being such good sports as unintentional beta testers! I should have given it more of a workout sorry about that.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hey I appreciate that you are looking at this Mark. I'm trying to wrap my head around this Automator thing and what might possible with it. Not having much luck so far.

Well I have a solution now and so far it's working. (But I think I may have said that before!)
    But it's late here now and I need some sleep so will post again tomorrow.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

OK so here's the final version 3 of Convert To Red and thanks to jmac and RedSaucers for your feed back. Much appreciated
    And I hope others find this small Mac Finder Service useful too.
    Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ed_Service.zip
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Question about PS brush import

Hi,

as there is a discussion here about Photoshop brush import here ...

I tried to import a 3rd party PS brush set for CS6(W7,64bit) into Artrage 4.5.9(64bit)
    but it did not work, it said unsupported format. Can't AR import complete brush sets?

Do I have to extract every single brush from the set somehow to import it? Or has CS6 to new
    brush formats to be imported?
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

ArtRage can only import .abr brush files. It can not import tool preset files which are .tpl files. If the files you are trying to import are .abr files they should import fine. I have CS6 and I have imported .abr files in sets with out problem. You have to remember to check all of the brushes you want to import in the window that comes up in AR and unfortunately they will all have the same name, like like xyz brush 1, xyz brush 2, xyz brush 3, etc. I believe you can change the names after import.

If the files you have are .tpl files you will have to save each one individually in photoshop as an .abr file in order to get them into ArtRage.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-04-2016 at 05:47 AM.

It worked now

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    ArtRage can only import .abr brush files. It can not import tool preset files which are .tpl files. If the files you are trying to import are .abr files they should import fine. I have CS6 and I have imported .abr files in sets with out problem. You have to remember to check all of the brushes you want to import in the window that comes up in AR and unfortunately they will all have the same name, like like xyz brush 1, xyz brush 2, xyz brush 3, etc. I believe you can change the names after import.

If the files you have are .tpl files you will have to save each one individually in photoshop as an .abr file in order to get them into ArtRage.

Hope this helps.
    I managed to import the brushes now - but it were the versions for Photoshop CS5 and below. CS6 versions did not work.

I have CS6 and ArtRage 4.5.7 and I have never had a problem importing .abr files. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I am on a Mac but I don't see why that should matter. Perhaps someone else may be able to offer some help.

Strange

Strange, I tested Mac too, with the same result.