ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Adding a layer from another project?

Question Adding a layer from another project?

I'm working on a comic and have all my separate pieces in many separate projects. Is there a way to bring over a layer from another project without it just being a image file?

Hello karenb20 and welcome to the AR forums
    If you have more than one instance of AR open then you can just select the target layer in the layer stack of the first instance of AR and Copy/Paste over to the other instance of AR.
    Or you could use 'Export Layer' from a layer's popup menu using the PNG file format and then use 'Import Image File To Layer' to get it into the new painting. But that dose take more steps than the Copy/Paste rout!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Talking Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello karenb20 and welcome to the AR forums
    If you have more than one instance of AR open then you can just select the target layer in the layer stack of the first instance of AR and Copy/Paste over to the other instance of AR.
    Or you could use 'Export Layer' from a layer's popup menu using the PNG file format and then use 'Import Image File To Layer' to get it into the new painting. But that dose take more steps than the Copy/Paste rout!
    Thank you so much! Just what I needed!