ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swan

Swan

Having a rest from watercolour practice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swan.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	87063
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

June, this is lovely work, I really like it a lot, great job

A Swan at Midnight.

Oh how I love the feel of this. It reminds me of the story of the "Ugly Duckling" right after he discovers that he is in fact a swan. He swims at night after a happy day, content and discovered.

It's colored. It's on the water. What's all this about a change from watercolor? Colored water. . . life's truths are hidden in word order.

Remember, if you ever go back to what we were talking about before (which there's not insistence in it, just a comment), dividing the picture is merely an opportunity to segment the pic in interesting ways -- whether watercolor or not. It's merely creating a handle with which to grasp an image. Sometimes one gets a grip, sometimes it slips. No biggie.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A very nice serene rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    whether watercolor or not. It's merely creating a handle with which to grasp an image. Sometimes one gets a grip, sometimes it slips. No biggie.

Haha you're a genius with words X)

Nicely done Enug
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 07-29-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Haha. . .
    Hey Andrea! Great to see you again. Hope you drop in more often.

While you were gone: You should have seen Enug (Aussie) and Caesar after her and her husband's trip to Rome. Caesar found some very important lost luggage somewhere in Rome and had it sent back to them. Probably one of the more awesome travel stories of making a bad situation right. I think Caesar single handed saved Italian Tourism.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words - they are always so encouraging.

Pssst! Don't tell Caesar - I let the Samsung go on another overseas holiday! This time to Hong Kong and China for three weeks, with my 21yr. old granddaughter. She was part of a small study group (Tourism and Marketing) from her university here in Oz. It was returned unscathed to me last night.

I was reminded of the wonders of communication these days - chatting on Skype from China with my granddaughter and at the same time one of my daughters sending photos from the Aus. snowfields via her phone while the other daughter was deep in the outback of Australia and could only be contacted at a pre-arranged time by satellite phone.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Dear Junie, that area is out of my reach, so watch out .... LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey Andrea! Great to see you again. Hope you drop in more often.

While you were gone: You should have seen Enug (Aussie) and Caesar after her and her husband's trip to Rome. Caesar found some very important lost luggage somewhere in Rome and had it sent back to them. Probably one of the more awesome travel stories of making a bad situation right. I think Caesar single handed saved Italian Tourism.

Great to see you too my Dear friend, hope everything is OK, about Caesar I read about the tablet Odyssey , Rome is not just a city full of garbage and metros running while the doors are open, there's also great people like our Caesar
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)