Thread: Introducing Myself: A collection of my ArtRage paintings over the last 5 years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Introducing Myself: A collection of my ArtRage paintings over the last 5 years

Hi there! My name is Cayce Goldberg, I'm a digital painter from Denver, CO. I wanted to share some of my paintings I've created in ArtRage over the last few years.

I've been a digital painter for over 10 years but only started using ArtRage in 2010. I bounce between it and Photoshop and always try to use them as extensions of the traditional painter's toolbox (by which I mean that I like my paintings to look as traditional as possible). I follow a pretty basic process that I was taught in college - drawing, underpainting, blocking in, refining. I never color sample or trace images, but rather try to paint by observation.

More of my work is available at www.caycegoldberg.com.

Here's my ArtRage gallery: https://members.artrage.com/gallery_categories/1163

I'm also the gallery director at Helikon Gallery & Studios in Denver, CO. You can check out our gallery at www.helikongallery.com.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sirrobert_final_web.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	87057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rambi-small.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	87056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	degas_melida_final_web.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	379.6 KB 
ID:	87053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noraportraitFINAL.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	87054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm_final_web.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	87055  

I just can say that i'm "stunned"!!!and that is a understatement !!!!!but the other side....you painting for +- 10 years.....it is showing
    Last edited by Rondo; 07-26-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    I just cab say that i'm "stunned"!!!and that is a understatement !!!!!but the other side....you painting for +- 10 years.....it is showing
    Thanks so much! I do hold a BFA in Illustration from the Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design in Colorado. I always loved art as a kid, but never got very good until I started focusing on it as a profession. I think with the right instruction and a lot of hard work, just about anyone can become an expert!

Very Impressive!

I really admire your work. It is always gratifying when a traditional artists takes up digital art, they bring so much to the table. I too started with traditional when I was still an child, but soon came computers and I have been there every since. I love the endless possibilities but I admit I am spoiled. Work such as yours reminds me of the real discipline in painting.

I agree with Mendota:
    Your works are stunnings!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Thanks for showing these fantastic pieces of your work, hope to see much more in this gallery, all so beautiful to view