Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A promised portrait

what a wonderful experience, meeting this man... your pencil sketch really shows your artistic mastery and the AR painting is very rich ... maybe someday you can share it with him. It is great to see you working and sharing again. I always love your serious works and get a laugh with you on your character studies... wonderful !.

Caesar I like both of these very much, particularly the sketch. It has a classic Old World feel.

Thank You, dear Gary! It looks like that, whatever approach I start with, pretty soon some sort of inner need, force and urge overrides me and try to hit the target in na reasonably short time, without too care for details and finishing. Someties it's useful to get a fresh and spontaneous outcome.

Right, dear Jmac! Being a preliminary sketch I didn't introduce any new or personal style element, just followed the built-in hand-mind bundles to catch the likeness. Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Here's the sketch (a real, sketchy pencil drawing, not on ArtRage) and the follow-on AR painting I made to this venerable gentleman I meet in Sardinia during our holidays.
    I used a quick, but hopfully effective approach.
    I like this one.. Alot of caracter in this person.. I understand why you wanted to draw him.. The only thing that i think is a little bit of ,is his hand and cane .. But overall a very well done painting👍👍👍👍

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One good to see your back drawing and like Jean I like the Origenal but like Your Brushstrokes

in the Artrage one ok so thats why you go to Sardinia do U paddle across

CIAO STATTE BBUONO ...Si...Si SLAINTE ...........................POZDRAWSKI

Thank You all, dear friends! He's a weird guy, but it looks like he appreciated. He was only scared to the idea that he owed me some money when I gifted him with this printed on a canvas! Onviously it was for free ....

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Thank You all, dear friends! He's a weird guy, but it looks like he appreciated. He was only scared to the idea that he owed me some money when I gifted him with this printed on a canvas! Onviously it was for free ....
    That's a very nice thing to do👍👍👍You made this man happy,i think :-)

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    That's a very nice thing to do������You made this man happy,i think :-)
    I think and hope so, dear Danny. You know, that's a kind of man You may talk with with the least of the worlds and the most of respect and actual interest as shown by Your discreetly friendly behaviour, just as among wolves in a herd ...

I think the maestro looks like Verdi in the 1000 lire below, but every man with beard and mustaches might look like him I guess Anyways lovely work omaggi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000_Lire_Verdi_Prima.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	88479
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)