Thread: Is this possible in Artrage? and How so?

Is this possible in Artrage? and How so?

Hello friends. I notice art rage doesnt have a layer gradient like photoshop. (something i viewed in a tutorial, i don't use photoshop)

Is it possible to do in Artrage what they do in these videos below?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-9Q...ature=youtu.be

Like the Six minute area here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHumSQiptZg

Sure, you can achieve those effects with ArtRage. What you'll want to do is create a new layer, over the rest of your layers. Then, click that layers layer menu tab and select Blend Mode (do not confuse this option with the "Bump Blend Mode"). On the Blend Mode menu, you'll find a number of options to choose from, that will all change how any paint put on that layer will appear over the rest your image. Based on what you're attempting to do, I'd say your best options for following along with those tutorials would be the "Overlay" or "Linear Dodge" options (I like using Linear Dodge, because it allows you apply lighter brights, while also allowing you to erase back with the various tools by using greys and black).

If I get the chance, I'll make a quick demonstration video of this later on.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 07-20-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you very much for the info

Someonesane, did you get a chance to make a video?

Not to bother if you didn't, I'll just experiment, your explanation was rich.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
    Someonesane, did you get a chance to make a video?

Not to bother if you didn't, I'll just experiment, your explanation was rich.

Pat
    Hi Pat,
    Sorry, I never made a video for it, because it seemed as though BElemental understood what I meant in my written explanation. I'll be working all week, but I'll try to put together a quick example for you, when I can.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Hi Pat,
    Sorry, I never made a video for it, because it seemed as though BElemental understood what I meant in my written explanation. I'll be working all week, but I'll try to put together a quick example for you, when I can.
    Thanks, I understand that you are busy and that your explanation was clear, but I do enjoy the richness of your videos.

Only when you have time,

Pat

Question *ptg to jpg files

hello
    i'm using the full version of ArtRage 4 on Mac OSX
    i would like to know if i can transform or save my artwork which is a *ptg file to a jpg or CMYK file for printing purposes at OfficeWorks or any other commercial printer ?
    thank you

Hello chrush23 and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Once you are happy with your picture, in the Menu-bar go to File > Export Image File… or use key command; cmd+E.
    In the window that opens you can name the file, choose a destination and file format for the export.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

ArtRage doesn't support CYMK formats, but you can export to PSD and convert it from there if absolutely necessary (the print shop might do this bit for you, or not need it).