Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Hills

Gallery
    View images

Yellow Hills

Alright, I've decided to continue working on this doodle and make it a W.I.P. I'm still trying to get used to doing that, because I'm always a little afraid I may not get back into the mood to continue on little experiments such as this. It's kind of like getting scared to get locked in somehow. Anyway... overcoming this I shall start my third W.I.P.

Yellow Hills...

In this first quicky I practiced a bit of Insta-dry OFF type of painting and smudging. It's definitely hard to control over large areas, but works beautifully on smaller details, like the double hill in the mid-right background, for example.

After a long break and some TV I thought about this painting again and decided to continue a bit. Somehow a large big crack through the middle felt like a curious choice. It is somewhat of a cheat in terms of subject, because it's really nothing specific, but it felt as though it had it's own character. Besides the experimental aspect of it, thinking about the bouncing light inside of that large canyon type crack, increasing saturation for the bounces into darker areas and so forth...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    A smaller update... correcting a drop shadow in midground and adding more haze to the crack in the background.

Gallery
    View images
    This is a very interesting progression Taron...following you with interest...Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanx, Jack!

Here's a sci-fi version I was just in the mood for. I may get rid of it again, but it was just a thing I thought of and couldn't resist making. It's totally freehand, so perspective is arbitrary and proportions and such... ...doodling with oil paint!

What I mean by freehand is, that I didn't make a construction or pencil sketch for it in advance, which normally would probably be a better idea. Crookedness always comes across funny, but well... testing ideas quickly is sometimes more fun.

Gallery
    View images
    Totally forgot the hands...haha...well at least one! And some shading changes to the robot-suit's leg...

Gallery
    View images
    Yowza! A doodle, he says!
    That's really cool. I like the slick surface of the skin of the robot, as well as the indirect bluish lighting from the rocket on his back.
    Yummy stuff. You really make me drool over the quality of the work you produce with ArtRage!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Magnifique!

Gallery
    View images
    Hehehe, thanx a lot! Man, easy to see how much I dig AR. And I still have so much left to learn of the software alone. It is you who's sending me on this ride and I can't stop having such a ball with it. I'm deeply grateful! And for everyone's wonderful feedback!

Gallery
    View images
    great feel of depth.Great piicture. The rock on the right of the robot looks a bit like master Yoda. 8)
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    .... PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
    .... I'm very very hard biting my tongue right now, because he looks like he's somewhat "servicing" jabba the hut.... hahahaha... ouch... let's keep this under 9 o'clock. :shock: :lol:

Thanx, Hanzz!