ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: verify pen rotation

verify pen rotation

I am attempting to verify the rotation sensing of a Wacom Art pen. This pen is supposed to sense rotation.

I check the box in "stylus properties." I play with the "rotation" setting of the square brush preset.

With all the combinations I have tried, there is no apparent difference in the line draw as the pen is rotated in the hand.

???

One thing to try is take the palette knife (the first default), lock its rotation, and make it big enough that you see the large palette knife cursor. As you rotate the pen above the canvas you should see the cursor rotate.

Also, if you're testing it with the oil brush, make sure you narrow the aspect setting of the brush to really see how it rotates.

In the brush settings panel you have to turn on "lock rotation" then you should be in control.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottfree View Post
    Also, if you're testing it with the oil brush, make sure you narrow the aspect setting of the brush to really see how it rotates.
    Got it. It is most visible with the square brush set to narrow aspect. It doesn't work as well with the knife.

The Wacom tablet can't decouple the readings of tilt and rotation. Changing the tilt of the stylus affects the apparent rotation. Still, it looks like a useful feature.