ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Saving issue - version 4.5.4-64 windows 8.1

Saving issue - version 4.5.4-64 windows 8.1

Hi,

I uninstalled/re-installed artrage to no avail.: if I load a painting and select save, artrage always opens a "save as" dialog.

Anything I could try?

Regards,

Philippe

Oh that's definitely not right!
    If it's still doing it to you then I would suggest contacting ArtRage Support directly abut it: support@artrage.com
    Hope you get it sorted soon!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Could you let us know how you're loading the painting? If you are using the Import option for example then you're not loading a painting, you're creating a new painting from a flat image file and you will be asked to name that painting when you save.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,

@markw: thanks

@mattrage

I use "Recent files" or open file and choose ".ptg'

When I save it shows "Save As" with 'Save as type' = '*.ptg' and 'File name' = 'Untitled.ptg'

I do not use the standard file path (those files are not in the default path ... and I'm pretty sure I changed that path also in the preference)

Regards,

Philippe

Hello,

I think I know what the problem is: If I access a painting (existing or new) through a "physical" path (ex: c:\.....\filename) everything works fine.

However if I use a directory shortcut (which I do a lot to access far away paths), then the "Save as..." steps in.

I hope this will help reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Philippe

Sounds like it could be a bit annoying.. I would try this..

Open what you want to open..

Immediately hit Save and fill in the "Save As" box that comes up.. before you do any work

From then on you should be able to hit "save" and it should work... It sounds like what Hannah said that you are actually opening up a totally new file

Hi,

Thanks but that does not work:

-) create new file
    -) save as "<shortcut>/filename
    -) click on save -> "Save as" shows up.

Regards,
    Philippe

Hi Philippe
    Sadly I'm still unable to replicate what you are experiencing in any version of AR that I have. It looks unfortunately like it's maybe unique to your system.
    Again I would suggest you contact support@artrage.com directly about this and work with them to find a possible cause.
    Again I wish you good luck in finding a fix for this.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi Mark,

You did mention that ... sorry / will do.

Regards,
    Philippe