ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: circle of red

circle of red

haven't been very productive of late, ( too busy with visitors, and gardening ) but took some time today work and drifted towards this abstract after a lot of starts and changes of direction. hope you enjoy the complex density and overall textural effects here. the original name was July Chaos after watching the recent fireworks display here in Prineville.. and attendant grass fires as a result... no major damage done thankfully..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle of red.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	86954  

Great lighting up of the nite sky, Gary

Glad you're finally back painting and broadcasting Your texturized color and shapes collections to open our third eye to other worlds ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very jewel like

A kaleidoscope of colors but I see something lurking in there. Is it a little black kitty with eyes shining?

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Great lighting up of the nite sky, Gary
    thanks for stopping by justjean, always great to get your views and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Glad you're finally back painting and broadcasting Your texturized color and shapes collections to open our third eye to other worlds ...
    LOL... thank you dear friend, you are a great motivator and inspiration for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    A kaleidoscope of colors but I see something lurking in there. Is it a little black kitty with eyes shining?
    why that is where she got to, hiding in my painting !..... glad you spotted the kitty, it is time for her milk and nap.

I also see the kitty, Gary peaking from the dark to see all the shine, just like your painting shines with color, very creative work my friend

Love it! Guess you should hang out with friends more if this is the energy you come back with.

I wonder what this would be like as a large wall print. Would certainly command the room. Love the allusions to so many other styles, from Pointillism to Pollock-ism to Pop to Etruscan encaustic with some Tribble Scribble for a that certain je ne sais quoi. Love it. Love it.

Last edited by D Akey; 07-15-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    I also see the kitty, Gary peaking from the dark to see all the shine, just like your painting shines with color, very creative work my friend
    thank you Pat, it is so great to have to back as a regular here!..

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Love it! Guess you should hang out with friends more if this is the energy you come back with.

I wonder what this would be like as a large wall print. Would certainly command the room. Love the allusions to so many other styles, from Pointillism to Pollock-ism to Pop to Etruscan encaustic with some Tribble Scribble for a that certain je ne sais quoi. Love it. Love it.

thanks D Akey, this does read better at a larger scale than some of my work, just wish I had it as a large print...I think I am finally getting totally relaxed from 40 years of working in IT, and several corporate environments, got health care sorted, etc... so settling into a nice slow pace which gives me more time for contemplation and energy for creative work..

Wonderful!!!!
    Awesome!!!
    ... And you as always true to your style!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Wonderful!!!!
    Awesome!!!
    ... And you as always true to your style!
    thank you damasocl, it is always great to know you stopped by and commented.