ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Window focus improvement for future versions.

Window focus improvement for future versions.

I have adapted a multi-monitor system to run Artrage with a Wacom Cintiq as one of the displays. Because this is a multi-use system, the primary display is not the Cintiq, but instead, a desktop monitor.

When the Artrage main window is located on the Cintiq display, the dialog boxes (save file, etc.), still open on the Windows primary display. I realize this may be a property of the Windows programming libraries used by the Artrage team. Part of this may be caused by the fact that the Artrage program opens on the Windows primary display, and may not realize that it has been moved to another display, ie., the Cintiq.;

But if possible, dialog boxes should open on the display on which the Artrage main window is currently located.

You may need to go into your Nvidia settings and play around with the settings to make the Cintiq monitor number 1 and the monitor number 2. Or make both displays one big display and ArtRage may remember where the tool boxes were previously located. I am no Nvidia expert and that is about all I know. I am not, nor ever want to be a Nvidia tweaker! I was a sim racer using triples and the tweaking required made my head spin.

Which Cintiq do you have? 22? 24? or the new 27QHD?

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    You may need to go into your Nvidia settings and play around with the settings to make the Cintiq monitor number 1 and the monitor number 2. Or make both displays one big display and ArtRage may remember where the tool boxes were previously located. I am no Nvidia expert and that is about all I know. I am not, nor ever want to be a Nvidia tweaker! I was a sim racer using triples and the tweaking required made my head spin.

Which Cintiq do you have? 22? 24? or the new 27QHD?
    Thank you for your reply, but it does not apply. First, a clarification. The number of the monitor does not indicate which monitor is primary. Coincidentally, the Cintiq is #1, but the Windows primary monitor is #2.

I gather you are not a programmer. I am. This is a tricky problem, but the Artrage team should be able to write code that figures out which monitor the primary Artrage window is located on, and locate all child windows on the same monitor. They may have to change or add to some library code to do this.

FWIW, I don't seem to have this problem: Artrage is displayed on my Cintiq (monitor #3), and so are all it's dialog boxes.

It is possible that I once manually moved them to the correct display, and it remembered that location, but though I recall doing that with toolbar windows (layers, presets etc), I don't remember having to ever move save/load dialogs.

I'm running the latest version 4.5.4 64bit on Windows 7.

edit: I just realised you mentioned that Artrage opens on your primary display, and then you move it - probably causing the problem. For me it seems to remember where I used it last and so it always opens on my Cintiq.
    Last edited by daniel78; 07-15-2015 at 07:41 AM.