ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photoshop file layers

Photoshop file layers

hi,

tryed to import a psd file with several layers.
    Artrage 4 flatten the picture, but i need the layers.

Help needed.

file psd rub photoshop cc 83 Mo on the disk,

Best regards

Hello bdlapierre and welcome to the AR forums
    Sorry to hear that!
    It may be that you used 'Import Image File To Layer…' which will flatten .psd files to a single layer.
    If AR is open, to import a psd file use; File > 'Import Image File…' and all should be well then.
    Or if AR is closed; Drag and drop the psd file onto AR's icon to launch it and then choose 'Import To New File' from the popup window.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Does not work

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello bdlapierre and welcome to the AR forums
    Sorry to hear that!
    It may be that you used 'Import Image File To Layer…' which will flatten .psd files to a single layer.
    If AR is open, to import a psd file use; File > 'Import Image File…' and all should be well then.
    Or if AR is closed; Drag and drop the psd file onto AR's icon to launch it and then choose 'Import To New File' from the popup window.
    Thank you

Drag and drop does not work at all (Yosemite and photoshop cc)

File menu :

Only have cmd I (import image....)
    Can import a psd file test with 3 layers

Can Not import with layers the picture I have to work with professionally :-(

Ah, I see. That's not good.
    The methods I outlined should be working for you as they do for me. There is no documentation, that I am aware of, of there being a problem with Yosemite and PS cc.
    The fact that you can open a test file but not the work one suggests the problem may lie with the work file.
    Sadly, as I do not have PS cc nor am I using Yosemite I can not replicate your exact circumstances to experiment with.
    If you haven't already, contact Ambient Design directly about this problem at; support@artrage.com
    Tell them the tale so far and give as much technical information as you can. They really are very helpful with getting users back on track.
    Sorry I couldn't assist you further with this.
    Good luck.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Sorry to hear you're having problems! Just to go over the details:

1. You can import a different PSD without problems.
    2. You can import THIS PSD, but it doesn't have layers.

Can you confirm that the problem PSD actually does have layers, and wasn't accidentally saved as a single layer? (E.g. open it again Photoshop and have a look). If it does have layers, then that's very odd and we'd like to take a look at it. If you're able to send it in to support@artrage.com, we'll see if we can spot what's going on.

(Fun fact: PSD files will actually work with both File > Open and File > Import to File).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

resolved

I tried several things with the layered workphotoshop file (resizing...)

can import artwork layers after deleting
    several text layers (one group text layers)

so the problem was with one text layer
    or with the grouped text layers....

does not work

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post

(Fun fact: PSD files will actually work with both File > Open and File > Import to File).
    command O (File > Open), then the pulldown menu only propose to open Artrage file
    i cannot access to other file formats (psd or other)

File > Import to File is working ok with .psd

Quote Originally Posted by bdlapierre View Post
    I tried several things with the layered workphotoshop file (resizing...)

can import artwork layers after deleting
    several text layers (one group text layers)

so the problem was with one text layer
    or with the grouped text layers....

Very interesting. In that case, we'd definitely like to take a look, to see if this is something we can fix - can you send us the layer(s) you can't import?

Quote Originally Posted by bdlapierre View Post
    command O (File > Open), then the pulldown menu only propose to open Artrage file
    i cannot access to other file formats (psd or other)

File > Import to File is working ok with .psd
    You have to change it to show 'all files' - it is done this way because we don't want people accidentally opening the wrong file and losing ArtRage-specific data, but so they can also use ArtRage to open PSD files easily if needed.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi Hannah,
    If I may just say, that on Macs, it is a little different to Windows, from the File menu; cmd O, we can only open .ptg files no other file options are offered.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff: