ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Affinity Photo software has been released for Mac

Affinity Photo software has been released for Mac

FYI: Affinity Photo, a Photo Shop alternative for Mac was released yesterday. It has a special introductory price of $39.99 for a week until it goes up to $49.99.

I tried it yesterday. It works well and for me is easier to understand than PS. I am not a great lover of PS and Adobe so any decent alternative is good in my book.

Here is their website: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/. The app is available in the Apple store.

Here are some Affinity tutorials on how to use the software: https://affinity.serif.com/forum/ind...ials-now-live/

Their website is a little slow today because it is being hammered.

Oh, now that is tempting!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I just used Affinity, with no experience in using the program and cleaned up a photo nicely. Removing telephone poles and wires from a landscape picture to use as a reference for AR. Worked like a champ! The tutorials cover all the basics. I am impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    I just used Affinity, with no experience in using the program and cleaned up a photo nicely. Removing telephone poles and wires from a landscape picture to use as a reference for AR. Worked like a champ! The tutorials cover all the basics. I am impressed!
    Affinity Designer is also very good IMO. Very complete and better than Xara in some ways.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I will scope out designer too. Thanks for that info Brett. I have used Xara in business applications for years now (v5) and it is way out of date and needs replacing.

I like your images in your gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    I will scope out designer too. Thanks for that info Brett. I have used Xara in business applications for years now (v5) and it is way out of date and needs replacing.

I like your images in your gallery!
    Thanks! I'm pleased you like my paintings. I haven't been painting for quite a while. I must get back to it :-)

If you work out, in Designer, how to constrain a line using the pen or pencil tool, let me know. I haven't been able to figure it out

Brett
    Last edited by hypotaxis; 07-11-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

What you need is maybe in the "stroke" tab window? Here is a link to a youtube video that talks about vector brushes: https://youtu.be/kIDHSBWID7o?t=4m40s I'm not sure the pen or pencil tool will work using this method.

If need be, go to the Affinity Designer forum and ask them! They seem like a nice group of people and Affinity does reply.

Thanks HwyStar.

I had been reading the Affinity forums (and they are good, as you say) but had been inable to get an answer. It turned out that the 'constrain' feature had been disabled for one version while a module was re-written. It's back in the latest version (free upgrade!)

Cheers

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========