ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some suggestions for next releases

Some suggestions for next releases

Hi,
    Just got Artrage and have been setting it up to work. I have run into some issues and I just want to make a few suggestions here,

* 16 bit support (this makes it able to work with other apps, also the sticker brush,airbrush and gradients will look better)
    * Faster sticker brush and Flow slider for stickers (stickers are unusable on 4K images, even after changing stamping which changes the transparency of the brush as well. Flow slider helps in blending a stroke at the edges without use of other tools)
    * GMIC filters support
    * Colourpicker that can be set to pick from average pixels

Also if possible, dare I ask for a native Linux version so I can go 64bit !

Thanks, love the app as it is anyway...

16 bits or even 32 bits?

"Internally ArtRage uses full-gamut 32 bit RGBA in most cases. In some instances we use 16-bit-per-channel blending for improved colour purity, as well as proprietry colour-blending and paint mixing algorithms.
    When paintings are exported in PSD format we use the full 32bit range with no gamma correction." Here is the link where you can read about it: LINK

I do paint in 4K Cinema 4096 x 2160 pixels resloution, and even higher, with no problems whatsoever on my Windows 64 bit computer using ArtRage 64 bit. I also use my favourite sticker "pencils" and other stickers in high resolution. No problems. Sticker Tool is very much usable on 4K images, at least on my 5 years old machine.

"Flow" in Photoshop means the frequency of "stamps" while using the brush. In ArtRage the "Flow" is called "Spray Rate" and acting the same way as in Photoshop when you use the Sticker Tool.

GMIC filters are OK, at least one of them that I often use; "Colour to Alpha". I like to se a filter like that in ArtRage too!
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Thanks for clearing out what the SprayRate parameter meant. I still have to go through the help properly. About the bitdepth, I cudnt open a PSD from another app. Also as some sticker paint strokes look like airbrush does on an 8bit image in photoshop, yknow when many strokes accumulate over an area, it acquires this 'glowy' look, but after changing to 16bit this problem goes away. So I thot maybe ArtRage is on 8bit.
    I wont be going to WIN for one or two apps, for now Krita and ArtRage are good enuf for me...
    Thanks again...

stickers with shadow and special layers

Check tis out: some stickers adds drop shadows. Thre is a setting to disable shadows. Also some stickers are designed to create their own layers. This function can also be disabled. This might be of interest?
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Yeah Henry, I did play around with the many settings of stickers, unfortunately I am running 32bit ArtRage on wine on Linux and am not sure if I am getting OpenGL and other acceleration stuff. Available RAM is probably limited too, so stickers on anything above a 2K image are just not interactive enuf. Thats ok tho, I use pastels,oils,knives and rollers anyway, they are very fast and the colour blending is sweet. For a more complete package I switch to Krita, for now.