ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Symmetry question

Symmetry question

I'm trying to make a "tie-dye" look for a scrapbooking background paper, and want to start out by using a 12-point mirrored symmetry. My goal for this kit is a watercolor look to the papers and elements, so I'm trying to use a watercolor brush at 250% size, 55% thinners, color bleed on, paper wet, to get the very blended look of tie-dye. But when I make a stroke with that very smooth watercolor in one section, all the mirrored sections match in shape, but have sections where it seems like 0% thinner. Any suggestions?

I'm probably going to try oil brushes just to see if I can get the look I want, but it'd be nice if I could figure out how to get around this issue using watercolor.

Hello SeredroWD and if it's not too late welcome to the AR forums
    I had a brief go earlier today at what I think you are trying to do. But saw no obvious inconsistencies in the look of the paint.
    Perhaps you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing if the problem continues for you.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)