ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Part of the Family

Part of the Family

Not sure I'm finished with this one yet, but I really like it. I suppose I could spend another year adding touches of color to it until it's a completely different picture. Sometimes you just have to know when to stop overworking and just let a piece be finished. She was the most wonderful and sweetest and playful dog that my family and I ever had, and I'll miss her forever. She lived to be about 16 or 17 years old - not sure her exact age, she was just a puppy when she was rescued back in 1997. We had to put her down in 2013, and I cried buckets of rain like a little baby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Part of the Family FINAL.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	86884

Like it. Has very interesting colours.

Yes, it can be hard to put down the brush and say 'finished'. You have captured a lovely expression on her face and I like your use of colours. It is heartbreaking when we have to part with our much loved pets but they do live on in our memories.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

A lovely tribute to a beautiful gal

What a beautiful painting of a wonderful pet, I know exactly how you feel my husband and I lost our 15 year old dog, it took over 2 years to even look for another rescue dog, now we have Riley and he fills our hearts with so much love and also Casey is still in our hearts, you just cant forget these loving pets