ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Zig Zag l issue when drawing a line with all the tools

Zig Zag l issue when drawing a line with all the tools

I was using art rage and it started stuttering while drawing so i did all the usual - step A) replaced the nip, restarted tablet, stopped and started watcom service. Uninstalled reinstalled and updated driver software , complete clean install.. and updated driver software. step - B) System restore tried a couple of different restore points. repeated tablet reset every single tablet and software setting repeated step A -step c repaired art rage, removed artrage , reinstalled art rage. did a second time and manually removed left over files and reinstalled again SAME issue Tried other software no issue... issue is confined to art rage not table or pc related Submitted tec support ticket.... I am on a deadline and there is nothing quite like artrage and I would need to redo my work from scratch as the tools are just not the same in anything else. While I wait for a response from tec ( because of the deadline waiting too long for a response is going to be an issue if its longer than 24 hours) I thought I would ask here in the forum to see if anyone else had any idea or perhaps offer a suggestion i havent tried.

Thanks Name:  zigzag sample.png
Views: 92
Size:  413.7 KB

did you have a look at the "preference/ input devices"? a lot of these problems come from there. i have no idea what you are running;(Mac? windows?,what kind of tablet?, but any way....have a loot at the place mentioned above and see if that helps?

Looks like an input issue, the drivers for your tablet are probably providing data to both services ArtRage supports rather than only one at a time.

Try this: In the Input section of Preferences turn off Use Realtime Stylus and turn on Use Wintab. Restart ArtRage and try that. If that doesn't work, turn off Use Wintab and turn on Use Realtime Stylus, restart ArtRage and try that.

Realtime Stylus is Microsoft's standard for tablet input, Wintab is an older standard that is supported by Wacom tablets. Unfortunately some of the newer Wacom drivers support both systems and try to do so at the same time, which causes problems for apps that support both directly.

If neither of those changes fix the problem, let us know and we'll look in to it further for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The examples you've posted Rayell look very similar to what can happen when the Snap To Grid function has been turned on.
    It's possible for it to be active even when the grid itself is not visible.
    But you say you completely un-installed/re-installed AR, so now I'm not sure… Still might be worth looking just to make sure it is Off.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    The examples you've posted Rayell look very similar to what can happen when the Snap To Grid function has been turned on.
    It's possible for it to be active even when the grid itself is not visible.
    But you say you completely un-installed/re-installed AR, so now I'm not sure… Still might be worth looking just to make sure it is Off.
    That is a very good point and something I'd completely forgotten! Uninstalling and reinstalling may not change the snap to grid option - the preferences file isn't removed by uninstalling (the Windows Installer only removes files that were created when it was first installed, preferences are created later).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

If we starting a betting pool, my money's on Snap To Grid
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

thanks!

fixed snap to grid was enabled (amazing

all fixed

If all else fails have a nap Then I was so exited I locked my self and then that dang filter kept going off
    os is windows 7 - ruled out as an issue
    tablet iniuos pro wireless - ruled out
    standard wireless mouse == same issue as pen - electrical interference ruled out - (also happens with a mouse - issue is confined to artrage - other programs are un-effected

Thank YOU!!

matt rage both options were checked tryed your fix same issue
    snap to grid was turned on OH I am so happy turned off issue fixed Who woulda thunk KUDOS Mark Thank you! My issue seems to be resolved.

Thanks again

another reason to love artrage

Thanks all to mark matt and hanna You all rock thank you!!