ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: update check

update check

i just wanted to log in artrage and i see the update ? popping up (what it does on a regular base) and normally it does go away in a sec or two but now it stays on the check page with the little bar going left and righ.
    Is there somewhere a prob with the update control?

ps i have to add that this only happen ones while starting up artrage and i can cancel out ,but if i check manually?it does it again(again with the op out capable)
    Last edited by Rondo; 06-18-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Hi Rondo,
    I see what you mean. Looks like a small programming oversight that!
    It should stop checking when it sees the build on the server is the same as itself, or something like that.
    You can turn off the auto check when launching AR in Ar's Preferences under the 'Automatic Updates' tab.
    Ambient always post here on the forums when they have a new update or release anyway so I just leave the auto check in AR turned off.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

We've been making some updates to the website behind the scenes, and it may have broken something (we're looking into it now). The latest version is still 4.5.4.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

ok cool, i know i can check it off (update check) but as it normally don't bother me? i leave it as it is .But i tough? may its good to let them know?

Hey all,

Many thanks for reporting the Update Check problem, affecting some users.
    Apologize for any problem it might of caused, it should be resolved now.

If you still have any issues, feel free to let us know.