ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage starting problems

ArtRage starting problems

Hi,

tried to use Art Rage after several months again (3.5) but when I start, allI get is the canvas, UI, and the "Do You want to look for updates" requester box and the mouse pointer turns into a sandclock, if I click anything ArtRage freezes and I get the option to restart the software because it doesnt respond anymore. Any idea ? Thanks, Emme

Hello Emme,
    Now I have a vague memory of there being a problem with one of the past 3.5 versions doing this to it's owners.
    I would suggest that you login to your account page where you originally registered your copy of ArtRage3.5 and download the latest free update of 3.5 which is v3.5.12, I believe, directly from there.
    Hopefully that will fix it.
    Last edited by markw; 06-15-2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi, thanks, tried that two times already, no solution for my problem. Downloaded the AR4 demo, that worked right out of the box. Is there any kind of hidden preferences or ini file I should delete for 3.5 to work properly or is there some kind of Visual Basic update or some distributable requor d ? Maybe I deleted something important, and now AR behaves badly If anything fails I might be pushed to buy AR4, although I hope its not a trick to have me doing just that I am using the Studio Pro Version of AR btw.

Humm that is most strange
    I found Matt's original post on the problem here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...o-3-5-9-Update
    I also note that he makes no mention of having to delete any other specific files in order to fix the problem.
    And I can confirm that both my copies of 3.5.12 Studio and Studio Pro function correctly, i.e. clicking on either button dismisses the Check for Updates window allowing AR to function on initial launch.

The file that controls AR3.5 initial appearance on first launch and that popup window is; ArtRage.prs and is located on a Mac here: Home Folder > Library > Application Support > Ambient Design > ArtRage 3
    Deleting it resets AR to it's default appearance when it next launches. At that time the file automatically gets remade again.
    There is also a preference file that starts; com.AmbientDesign.ArtRage… located here on a Mac; Home Folder > Library > Preferences. Again deleting it causes a new one to be automatically made on AR's next launch.
    (remember you poke around at program files at your own risk! Just saying...)

However I would recommend contacting Ambient directly about this as AR versions after 3.5.9 should not have this issue. You can contact them directly here: support@artrage.com
    Tell them your OS and exactly which version of ArtRage you have and the tale so far.
    Good luck!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi, I am gonna experiment with those files, nothing to lose, thanks for the heads up ! Contacted the support, and I was told it might have to do with using two graphic tablets simultaneously, which I do (Cintiq and bamboo) and am not willing to give up for
    Artrage, as Photoshop works fine, as do my other tools.