ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pls tell me how to use my 2nd Monitor

Question Pls tell me how to use my 2nd Monitor

Hi all,
    I wish to use my 2nd monitor as a display just to show the whole of the painting being edited. I hope this is a clear enough explanation of what I want to do
    If this is not possible how else can I use it while painting in ArtRage?
    Thanks
    Regards
    siRRis
    ~db~

Win7 Ult
    ArtRage 3.5.11 Studio Pro
    Last edited by siRRis; 06-13-2015 at 11:39 PM.

I'm not really sure how you want to use your 2nd monitor. However by going to Control Panel/Display/Change Display Settings/Multiple Displays you can choose how to use the 2nd monitor. I'm using Windows 8.1 but you will still find the settings in Control Panel.

I can open ArtRage on either monitor but because I have AR mapped for my primary monitor, I can't extend it to cover both screens if that's what you are asking it could be done but I wouldn't like to work that way.

When using my 2nd monitor with AR, I treat it as more 'real estate' and put my reference, preset and settings panels, stencils, etc., there - so my main screen is uncluttered.

Someone asked a question relating to 2nd monitors a couple of years ago and here is their answer - it may help you.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...e-monitor-only
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    "When using my 2nd monitor with AR, I treat it as more 'real estate' and put my reference, preset and settings panels, stencils, etc., there - so my main screen is uncluttered."
    Hi, thanks for your response.
    My monitor is already setup and functioning as per your control panel advice, however it's for the 'real-estate' that I wish to use it.
    Imagine the 2nd monitor showing your painting while you edit small details on the primary monitor, and these changes show in real-time the effects to the overall composition.
    Gimp allows one to open an extra tab of your painting to do exactly this job.
    Cheers

There is something like that in the Reference pod menu - it's called 'New View' which is a thumbnail of your current painting - you can put this on your 2nd monitor and whatever changes you make there will be reflected in the painting on your main monitor.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

I've checked out my Ref. pod and this function is not available there. Clicking NEW only allows one to load an image as a reference, pinning it to the workspace and creating clutter. I can't even move this reference off the ArtRage workspace.
    Maybe this functionality is not available in my version? AR Studio Pro 3.5 or maybe I'm just missing a setting or the knowledge of how to get to it.
    I'll keep searching for a solution
    Any how thanks for the advice ...
    siRRis
    ~db~

I don't know about 3.5 but you can move the ref in the current version. So you don't have this?

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  10.2 KB
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

All the options I have look as follows:
    Name:  ArtRage Ref_Pod.png
Views: 63
Size:  34.4 KB
    ... however I see now that I can place this Pod on my 2nd monitor. This does not solve my current requirement but will surely be used by myself in the future to prevent canvas clutter.
    Thanks

You might like to look at what other features you are missing - you can compare on the AR site. At present there is a 50% discount on the upgrade.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

When i click on the Upgrade link I get the following:

(removed image due to personal coupon in URL - was a Norton Warning of Avangate payment gateway detected as dangerous)

I continued to the Upgrade Purchase Site as I am sure this is just some form of a false positive, but the message needs to be addressed by ArtRage. I am sure there are a lot of people using Norton who just browse away when they see this.
    Sorry I post this here but I do not known where else to address the issue.
    Cheers
    Last edited by WebRage; 06-15-2015 at 07:54 AM. Reason: personal coupon in URL

Hi siRRis,

Sorry, I removed your Norton warning image from public view and replaced it with text instead. This is just because it also contained your discount coupon code in the URL.
    We are very concerned with website security and will be checking into it. Will keep you updated.

EDIT:

We have contacted Symantec and confirmed it was a false positive, they have already fixed.

Their response is as follows:
    The Symantec Security Response team has reviewed your recent submission to the False Positive Phish Webpage form. Our analysts have been unable to reproduce the suspicious phish site verdict on the provided URL. This result could be because the web address reported is not the exact address where you encountered the suspected phish site, or the issue has been reported previously and since fixed. Please make certain you have the latest Anti-fraud updates by running Live Update. When Live Update completes, please close your browser and then navigate to the reported website in a new browser session to ensure that you are now able to access it without difficulty.
    We have concluded our research of your submission and will take no further action. However, if you are still experiencing this issue or if your request is related to a Symantec product offering other than Anti-fraud, you can contact our Technical Support team by going to and selecting your product and version. From there, you can explore top issues, search the solutions library, or contact technical support directly.
    Instant Online Chat support is available free of charge with little to no wait time and is available 24x7. You may also be able to find further information regarding your issue by discussing it with our Norton community if the problem persists: http://community.norton.com
    Regards,
    Symantec Security Response
    Thanks for letting us be aware of it and if you encounter any more issues please let us know. We are happy to help.
    Last edited by WebRage; 06-15-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Updated from Symantec