ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet Problems Selecting Presets, Options

Tablet Problems Selecting Presets, Options

Hi all,

New member here I hope I can get a little advice/help.

I have a new Turcom tablet, which acts fine/normal with other apps as far as making menu selections, tool selections, etc.

Within ArtRage, it draws, paints and handles very well. I can use it to select tools and colors. However, oddly enough, I can't use it to select presets, modify settings for a brush/tool or move, resize of close windows.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

This sounds like it's related to the tablet drivers; can you check the following steps?

1. Is the tablet driver up to date? Check your installed version and compare it to the latest one available online.

To update your tablet drivers (I'm assuming Windows here?)

a. Uninstall your current driver first (> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs)
    b. Restart the computer
    c. Download and install the latest version from the company website

2. Change the input settings in ArtRage. Sometimes ArtRage is getting conflicting information and only a certain combination of options will work.

Open ArtRage and go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Settings.

a. Make sure that Wintab is ON and Precise Tablet and RealTime Stylus are turned OFF.
    b. Restart ArtRage and test.

c. If that doesn’t help, turn Wintab OFF and RealTime Stylus ON
    d. Restart ArtRage and test

3. If neither of those options work, can you let me know what operating system you're using and what driver you have installed?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!