ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: This s so simple I'm embarrassed to ask.

This s so simple I'm embarrassed to ask.

I've done this hundreds of times and I should remember how but its just missing in my brain.
    OK, I make a preset, no problem so far, then I want to use part of the image to make the sample image from. I use 'Sample preview image'. This is where my mind goes blank. There is a way to expand that sample window but I forgot. Can someone set me straight in my old age?

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

It took me a minute to recall where I saw the "Sample Preview Image" option before, but then I remembered that it's an option used for sampling a small section of the canvas as a visual example of a tools preset. There used to be a way to expand the size of the panel, but I think it was causing problems in the program, so they locked it. I either zoom in or out of my canvas before creating the preset, in anticipation of using a specific area or use the selection tool to crop an area of my painting and export that as a png image and then use "Load Preview Image" to import that image as the sample, instead.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yeah, the zoom out is what I was looking for. If they removed it I don't feel like my mind is gone. It is, of course but I don't want to be reminded. Thanks anyway.

I didn't explain it very well. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    Yeah, the zoom out is what I was looking for. If they removed it I don't feel like my mind is gone. It is, of course but I don't want to be reminded. Thanks anyway.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    I didn't explain it very well. Sorry about that.
    No reason to be sorry. You mentioned making a preset, which should've pointed me in the right direction from the start, but for whatever reason, I wanted to think you were trying to do something with the references. Guess we all have those days...
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.