ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Samsung crashes

Samsung crashes

Hi there,

I am new fairly new to artrage. I am in the middle of having a go at a triptych and my device crashed just after I had saved. I restarted the device and in the gallery, the work I was in the middle of will not now display, I just get a blank canvas with a symbol in the middle that is a circle with a diagonal line through it ( a bit like a no entry road sign). Has anyone else experienced this, and can I recover the file which is 20Mb, and had taken me hours of work. The device memory still has the file and under details it says it is still 20Mb in size so there is data still in the file.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Toppad

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. It sounds like the crash corrupted the save file (the save process was probably still going when it crashed). 20MB may mean there's something there to rescue, or it may all be bad data now.

It is sometimes possible to get an image back using File > Import (instead of File > Open), but if you don't even have a thumbnail, that may not work. Can you email it to us at support@artrage.com so we can have a look?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I'm using the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) and am having a crash issue as well.. Sorry if this has already been addressed..

It's more annoying than problematic.. but in the middle of a drawing.. all of the sudden the pen will work.. but NO finger (resizing, rotation, etc) movements will work anymore. I can still run the program with the pen.. But here's the tricky part. I have to do the following steps:

1 Save File

2 Close the program

3 Reboot the system (I should say here that ANY touch on the entire tablet is disabled.. From the point it occurs NOTHING with fingers will work anymore.)

As I said.. it's pretty annoying, and seems to happen randomly. Saying that.. I JUST upgraded to the latest version (1.8 I think).. and never had this problem (that I recall) with the 1.6? version I have Pen only checked..and no color selection on touch. Everything else is factory settings I think

Okay, that sounds serious. Can you tell us:

If you're doing anything in particular before the issue occurs?

Can you still access the UI? (e.g., when you save, are you using the menu? Can you change tool settings, go to the gallery, etc?)

Can you try force closing the program instead (active programs > close ArtRage) and see if that 'fixes' touch?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thanks for all of your responses Hannah..

It didn't happen today.. but I will try to get the info you asked next time it does. As I noted.. the stylus will still run fine.. just ALL touch on the Note is lost until a reboot... So I think I can still get to the UI and settings.

Your first question made me laugh.. "If you're doing anything in particular before the issue occurs?"

Reminded me of the lady on a bus that didn't know what stop to get off. She asked the man beside her and he said "That's easy! Watch where I get off.. and get off the stop before me" LOL!

Thanks again

I also occasionally encounter the finger-touch freezen on galaxy note 10.1, while the pen input still works. I think this is a more general problem, because I see it in sketchbook too.