ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mechanized

Mechanized

a little back sliding into the abstract, taking simple geometric shapes and reworking them via tracing layers..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mechanized.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	484.8 KB 
ID:	86622  

I love it. Really groovy colors! Really cool. I like the geometry and the looking up at the sky over the old style "iron horse" or something that would suggest a paradigm shift, and things to come. Sort of a blank canvas in the heavens.

Compositionally, it's daring. You've moved the balance way over to the lower end. Is that bothersome? Not to me. The designer side of me could see a big title in that open area. The visionary part of me would do a sort of (what's that called when you see a negative image against a blank white wall after you've stared at something for a while? It's like taking one's toys out to play, which for philosophers is a cool thing to be able to do.

Very cool Gary. I also like the clustering of the 'detail'. It thus becomes something of a design element among other design elements.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like it

It reminds me of Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I love it. Really groovy colors! Really cool. I like the geometry and the looking up at the sky over the old style "iron horse" or something that would suggest a paradigm shift, and things to come. Sort of a blank canvas in the heavens.

Compositionally, it's daring. You've moved the balance way over to the lower end. Is that bothersome? Not to me. The designer side of me could see a big title in that open area. The visionary part of me would do a sort of (what's that called when you see a negative image against a blank white wall after you've stared at something for a while? It's like taking one's toys out to play, which for philosophers is a cool thing to be able to do.

Very cool Gary. I also like the clustering of the 'detail'. It thus becomes something of a design element among other design elements.

thanks D Akey for your lengthy comment on this, it was a little different than what I have been upto so I was unsure about it for awhile so it sat on my computer for a couple of weeks before I decided what the heck and just posted it. So you analysis helps me see and understand it from a totally different perspective which is always helpful and one of the only ways I think an artist can evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It reminds me of Jerusalem.
    interesting I can see that, is it the shapes or the colors that did that for you or the combination?

This is certainly a departure Gary from your usual style. I find it very appealing - the watercolour effect especially. I can see why Marilyn says it makes her think of Jerusalem - for me it's the backlit Dome and the lights of the 'buildings' in the lower foreground.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

I can go with Jerusalem on this as well. Now that my mind is aimed that way, I can see a reference to a stone wall or two. And while I've never been there, just knowing a bit about the politics and the security issues, there's a bit of a roaming spotlight kind of feel as well. I know the roaming spotlight is an old notion, but it still carries the energy of a watchful eye, owing to warring and tension being in the air from time out of mind. . . (sigh). . . but it is beautiful, for sure.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your artmachine rocks and works magnificently and plays a moonlight serenade to our eyes ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Tu estilo me sorprende cada día más y mejor..., lo que demuestra la versatilidad de ArtRage.

Your style surprises me every day more and better ..., demonstrating the versatility of ArtRage.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    This is certainly a departure Gary from your usual style. I find it very appealing - the watercolour effect especially. I can see why Marilyn says it makes her think of Jerusalem - for me it's the backlit Dome and the lights of the 'buildings' in the lower foreground.
    ah I see that, and that effect was intentional although the "Place" was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Your artmachine rocks and works magnificently and plays a moonlight serenade to our eyes ....
    thanks dear friend your lyrical poetry makes for a heartwarming comment.

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Tu estilo me sorprende cada día más y mejor..., lo que demuestra la versatilidad de ArtRage.

Your style surprises me every day more and better ..., demonstrating the versatility of ArtRage.
    thanks damasocl I am finding we seem to be traveling along the same artistic path at the moment!... always nice to have an artistic companion along the way .

Thanks D Akey for following this thread and leaving us with a couple of comments on it..