ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What wonderful people in this forum.

What wonderful people in this forum.

My dear mate Caesar has tracked down the missing bag with passport, airline tickets, Samsung tablet, etc. We just have to get it from Italy to Australia. Perhaps I'll hold off on the divorce for the time being.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wouldn't feast before I put my hands on the stuff first (today if no problem arises) and, once prepared the package properly, have it passing through Australian customs, which I understand to be quite cautious and rigid on all formalities, without any drawback. Let's cross fingers.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Update for the relieved audience.
    June's bag is in my hands now with tablet and all described items.
    Now it used to be true that all ways lead to Rome, but I'll have to decide soon which is the better way back to Australia by "cursus publicus".
    I've got no military "tabellarius" and "bireme" (ship) available at the moment going to such a far "statio" (post station) for a special personal delivery. LOL

Above and beyond the call of duty, Caesar! Phenomenal!!!!!

So did it actually have the passport in it as well, and you have that in hand? Wow. . . What a feat!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes, what a marvellous achievement and what luck to have a friend in Rome! I suggested that Caesar use the airline ticket and passport to deliver the package but he doesn't think the photo in the passport does him justice!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

What is REALLY amazing is the honesty of the cab driver. . . didn't we leave it in the cab? If I recall correctly that is, which if I did then I think that guy deserves a huge reward. Honesty is by far my most favored of good qualities, kindness right after that. Glad to hear you got everything back! Congratulations, I have lost my wallet more times than I would to care to recall (I actually keep it in my front pocket ow so I am less likely to have it fall out of my back pocket).

Well, dear Delofasht, the honesty praise should be extended from the cab driver to the hotel concierge I emailed and spoke with as well. (BTW the wallet in the front pocket is porbably safet and may possibly also raise more interest for someone) LOL
    Anyway, together with the above two guys, I may finally enter the Boy Scouts Good Guys Hall, upon receipt of the tablet by June at least, a honor which would have been sensibly harder should they have left here a wonderful sister, daughter etc. ... although I could have hardly convinced my wife to keep a lost lassie with us LOL
    Well, dear June, having got the passport of Frank (June's hubbie, if I may reveal it), I was tempted to acquire a double citizenship and become an Aussie too, so as to have two summers in one year if needed, and take personally the tablet back, but it would have really required me a too masterful work to look alike, smile so nicely and disguise my actual features and accent. Moreover I would have run the risk that You might make a mistake and think I were the true Frank ... and reproached me once more with the beater in his place for the Roman misadventure, before I could eben show the packet LOL
    Dear D Akey, just between us two, is there anyone who would refuse to make a favor to a Godfather? LOL

Caesar is the real hero, if it wasn't for his help I doubt we would have been reunited with our property. There is more to the story than appears in these posts.

Yes, Frank left the bag in the hire car and this was discovered immediately the car drove off. A call was made to the hotel who had organised the transfer with the executive hire company and so were familiar with the driver. We were advised to wait at the drop off as the driver was returning. Several phone calls later - each time assuring us the driver would soon be there - and waiting 1-1/2hrs, it was obvious he was not returning.

On returning home (with great difficulty without passport and airline tickets - photocopy of passport made it possible) we emailed the hotel three times without receiving a reply.

In desperation, I pm'd Caesar asking him if he would mind contacting the hotel on our behalf to find out what actually happened. Caesar found that the receptionist remembered us and was holding our bag. With all the personal details contained within the bag it would have been possible to contact us.

I will never really know the full story but I will be eternally grateful for a good friend like Caesar and I regret not having the opportunity to meet him when we were in Rome. Perhaps next time....

On a lighter note - appealing as it might be to trade Frank for a younger model, it's taken me 50yrs to train him so I don't think I could start again! And I wouldn't want to risk the wrath of Caesar's wife either.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

This story just keeps getting better and better. Different world, different consciousness. Cast of characters right out of a movie. Happy ending. Marriage saved all because ArtRage was returned with the husband sticker tool plug-in.

. . . . . . . Extra! Read all about it. . . Roman wife saves roaming wife's marriage. Extra!. . . . . . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream