ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Default image size for Artrage on iPad 3

Default image size for Artrage on iPad 3

Hello,
    May be a dumb question - but I could not find an answer by searching the threads.

What is the default image size for Artrage for iPad on iPad 3 ? Is it 1024x768 or is it 2048x1536 ?
    I know one could change the resolution and the maximum is 2048x2048.

When I launch the app, hit new, it shows 1024x768. I do not know if I changed the default.
    iPad 3 seems to be comfortable with 1024x768 and becomes sluggish with 2048x1536.

Thanks in advance
    PRSS

The default size is 1024x768

You can't change the default size, just the size of individual paintings, and that default size is the one that works best across most iPads without slowing the app down.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you very much for your quick reply. My doubt is cleared now.

Best regards
    PRSS

4. Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    The default size is 1024x768

You can't change the default size, just the size of individual paintings, and that default size is the one that works best across most iPads without slowing the app down.
    I'm using an iPod IOS 8.3 How can I set the size for a canvas to 800 X 800? I can't figure it out.
    Thanks

If you pressed on "new" you would get a dialog box which also shows you the size. You can type here and change the size.I do not have an iPad on hand at the moment. If you still are not able to figure out, let me see it once again and then repky again. BTW you had mentioned "iPod" not iPad. Was it a typing error or is yours sn iPod?
    Best regards
    PRSS

The iPhone app is compatible with iPods as well. Unfortunately, you can't change the canvas size in the iPhone app - only the full iPad app.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

7. Quote Originally Posted by PRSS View Post
    If you pressed on "new" you would get a dialog box which also shows you the size. You can type here and change the size.I do not have an iPad on hand at the moment. If you still are not able to figure out, let me see it once again and then repky again. BTW you had mentioned "iPod" not iPad. Was it a typing error or is yours sn iPod?
    Best regards
    PRSS
    No I meant iPod.

8. Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    The iPhone app is compatible with iPods as well. Unfortunately, you can't change the canvas size in the iPhone app - only the full iPad app.
    That is unfortunate.