ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Windows 8.1 or Android???

Windows 8.1 or Android???

Please tell me, what is better, Windows 8.1 or Android?

Right now I have a laptop with W7 and the latest purchased Artrage Version on it, a desk-tablet (Adesso) connected to the laptop and I would like to purchase a not-too-expensive tablet and am hesitating, which one....

Windows seems slow and battery consuming?
    Is Android better in this regard? (Samsung Note something...)

Thank you...

Surface Pro or Galaxy Note

I use Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1. It is a great tablet / computer. Surface Pro has a pressure sensitive screen and a very nice pen. The input is just as good as any Wacom tablet device. The battery lasts for a whole day painting and drawing with ArtRage. I have AR 4 and AR touch installed + all other software that I use on my desktop computer.
    The GalaxyNote is also great with a pressure sensitive screen. It comes with a very small pen but I use a WacommBamboo stylus for drawing and painting. The ArtRage app is working just fine in the Android environment.

The latest GalaxyNote is about half the price of the Surface Pro (medium configuration) and both have about the same size and screen size, about 12".

I also have the iPad Air but I never use it for painting any more since the screen is not pressure sensitive and much smaller than both Surface Pro and GalaxyNote.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    Please tell me, what is better, Windows 8.1 or Android?

Right now I have a laptop with W7 and the latest purchased Artrage Version on it, a desk-tablet (Adesso) connected to the laptop and I would like to purchase a not-too-expensive tablet and am hesitating, which one....

Windows seems slow and battery consuming?
    Is Android better in this regard? (Samsung Note something...)

Thank you...
    Personally, I'd get something that runs Android. Everything is Windows here so there is stuff I'd like to have or be able to do that requires Android.

why Android version so cheap???

also, why is the Android Version so much cheaper than the PC (W7 and under) version??? This leads to the conclusion that the PC version is more sophisticated, has more possibilities... IF I purchase a Samsung Note, I just hope I won't be disappointed and feel that it's a downgraded version of the one I have on my laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    also, why is the Android Version so much cheaper than the PC (W7 and under) version??? This leads to the conclusion that the PC version is more sophisticated, has more possibilities... IF I purchase a Samsung Note, I just hope I won't be disappointed and feel that it's a downgraded version of the one I have on my laptop...
    The Android app is a mobile app, not the full software, so it does offer fewer features. This is due to a) limitations of the Android operating system and b) the far less powerful hardware found in a mobile device (especially RAM and processor speed). You can compare the available features here: http://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/

*Basically*, the Android app will offer all the painting tools and settings, but none of the more advanced features like Grids and Stickers. It also has a limited canvas size, for memory reasons. Whether you'll find it limiting depends a great deal on how you normally use ArtRage. We've found that a lot of people prefer to own both; paint on the app for convenience, then transfer it to a computer to finish it off and take advantage of the desktop features.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    The Android app is a mobile app, not the full software, so it does offer fewer features. This is due to a) limitations of the Android operating system and b) the far less powerful hardware found in a mobile device (especially RAM and processor speed). You can compare the available features here: ...
    thank you all for your answers - it all makes sense, also the link which I did not know - very useful. Thank you all.