ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Modifying Keys Not Recognised In Wacom Tablet Radial Menu

Modifying Keys Not Recognised In Wacom Tablet Radial Menu

While another AR user recently reported that they had an issue using their Wacom tablet's Radial Menu here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...167#post494167
    I strangely may just have encountered another today!
    If I set a Radial Menu key shortcut using just one modifier key of Shift or Option plus an ordinary key, the modifier key is ignored.
    Example 1:
    Standard shortcut for the Selection tool is Shift+S.
    If I set that as a Radial Menu shortcut what I actually get is just S.
    S is the standard shortcut to the Sticker Spray tool.
    Example 2:
    Set standard shortcut Option+D to reset Canvas Rotation.
    This is interpreted by AR4 as just D.
    D is the shortcut to reset both canvas Rotation & Scale/Zoom.

Any shortcuts with just the Command key plus a normal key or involving the Command key in combination with the other modifier keys mentioned above do seem to work however.

I'm using the latest Wacom drivers and have tried this with some older ones too and get the same results.
    Also I am not seeing this behaviour outside of AR4.
    Anyone else experiencing this with the Radial Menu? Could it possibly be Mac specific?
    My System specs are below my signature.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thought I would post a little update to this thread as I've found a workaround for this problem. Well for Macs at least
    (Dose this Radial Menu/ArtRage problem happen on Windows?)

So if you need to use key commands via the Wacom Radial Menu in ArtRage that only use one modifier key in them i.e. Shift or Option, as in the examples I posted above, you can set them in Mac's System Preferences rather than in ArtRage's own keyboard shortcuts and they will then work with the Radial Menu in ArtRage.
    If you've not setup keyboard shortcuts on a Mac before, it's quite easy;
    1: Open System Preferences, go to Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.
    2: In the lefthand column click 'Application Shortcuts'
    3: Click the + button, from the drop down that opens choose ArtRage from the Applications options.
    4: Then add the menu command you want and the shortcut you want to use in the appropriate fields. And click add.
    Then all that remains to do is setup the same shortcut in the Wacom's preferences, if you haven't already!
    (The screenshot is how it looks in my OSX10.8. Hopefully 10.9 and 10.10 are similar)
    Name:  Keyboard Shortcuts.png
Views: 466
Size:  69.4 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Fixed

Another quick update!
    (I know you've all been secretly following this with baited breath really!)
    Yes this issue is now fixed by Wacom with the release of Driver 6.3.13w3.
    Also of note in this Driver:
    The On Screen Radial Menu has been redesigned and can now be displayed in different ways, as chosen by the user in the tablet preferences.
    On first launch with this new driver all previous Radial Menus were retained but just given a generic name and number in a list of On-Screen Controls.
    So some time needed to be spent launching apps to see which On-Screen Control loaded with which app so that it's name could be edited in the list of stored controls to something more meaningful.
    On-Screen Controls can be setup for any app without needing the target app to be selected in the tablet's Applications list or indeed first loaded into the tablet at all.
    Once an app has been loaded into the tablet's Applications list, an Express Key or Pen Button can be assigned to give it access to any of the On-Screen Controls stored. So do name them wisely!

Oh and as always, backup your tablet preferences before updating with the new driver. Just in case...
    Last edited by markw; 07-23-2015 at 05:48 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff: