Thread: Extending ArtRage

Extending ArtRage

Hello!

I'm a big fan of ArtRage. And I'm wondering is there a way to extend ArtRage with plugins that extend the UI?

Thanks!

I'm afraid not. There aren't any official plug ins, and the only user created one that I'm aware of is the Pen Only Toolbar http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...olbar-is-ready!

However, the interface is pretty customisable - were you trying to do anything specific?

Hi

You can write apps that are tailored to Artrage as I once did.

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...BrushMaker-1-0

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...BrushMaker-1-1

Mic
    Last edited by Micmac; 05-11-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Hi Mic, I went back thru the forums and finally got a live link on one of Fashmir's posts. I found the programme opened too large on my screen and and I couldn't see all the buttons so following another post -

Quote Originally Posted by ykarie View Post
    I just attempted to run it on Win8.1 64bit. The size of the application meant that to export I had to turn my tablet to vertical just to see the export button, something that someone with a monitor might not be able to do. It runs just fine, but the whole screen is not visible at once. And it is run in desktop mode, not the Modern UI (the phone-like interface, as I think of it).

However, since I'm an ex-admin type person, I tried a few other options. Going to the app's compatibility settings (right click the exe, click properties, then the compatibility tab at the top) has an option to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Checking that box allowed the program to run in a reasonably sized window. From there, I managed to create a brush and export it as "Dot 1.png". I haven't tried loading it into ArtRage yet, but the application does work and is usable this way.

I would advise against running it in "administrator mode". It wanted permissions to change the hard drive, but I haven't yet tracked down what it wanted to set and/or change. It works just fine when run as a normal user, as long as the scaling compatibility box is checked.

I resized the app window so that I could see the export button.

However now I'm lost - I can make a brush but I can't vary the settings like you have shown in your examples - I can get circles and squares but can't get the random transparency, sizes, etc.

Is it possible that you could give a more detailed description on how to get these settings.This is all I can manage to do - I thought the six brushes would be separate for inserting into the sticker sheet.

Name:  MultiBrush 1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  22.4 KB

I would be grateful if anyone else who has used this app successfully would give me some pointers.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hi Mic, I went back thru the forums and finally got a live link on one of Fashmir's posts. I found the programme opened too large on my screen and and I couldn't see all the buttons so following another post -

I resized the app window so that I could see the export button.

However now I'm lost - I can make a brush but I can't vary the settings like you have shown in your examples - I can get circles and squares but can't get the random transparency, sizes, etc.

Is it possible that you could give a more detailed description on how to get these settings.This is all I can manage to do - I thought the six brushes would be separate for inserting into the sticker sheet.

Name:  MultiBrush 1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  22.4 KB

I would be grateful if anyone else who has used this app successfully would give me some pointers.
    Hello June, I hope Micmac doesn't mind but I've taken the liberty of making a short video of using his app which I hope will help get you orientated with the controls of his useful little BrushMaker app.

The video is not intended as an in-depth look at the app, more just a broad over view of it's controls. And how to get the brush heads made with it into ArtRage4 to be used by the Sticker Spray tool.
    Video link: http://youtu.be/8lz8kQBkdTk
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hi Mark,

I have been tidying old files kept on an external H/D which led me to your YT tutorial which in turn, led me back here! I'm sorry, I never got back to see your answer about the video but having found it in a roundabout way and it is so clear - I will have a play with making some brushes. Belated thanks!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

I’d forgotten about this thread!
    But no worries June, you got here in the end
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Only thing is - I now seem to have lost the Brushmaker download and the link provided by Micmac is now a 404. Fashmir's Dropbox link opens a 404 also.

Maybe I'll come across it as I continue to sort thru my files.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.