ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rough Play

Rough Play

I wanted to do an action abstract with a very rough texture and bright colors against earthen tones, a jazz note with yellow and reds. hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rough Color.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	510.2 KB 
ID:	86455  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 05-07-2015 at 08:48 AM.

Hi Gary yeah thats how my paperwork looks to me I keep meaning to sort it out but get fedup looking at it and just bung it away were I can't see it ok

thanks yes I like more my style ok CIAO IVAYA CON ABSTRAITS SLAINTE HOO ROO

Very broad. Interesting. So what were you aiming at? Are you going to show your prints in a gallery? Is that where all this is leading? Or are you printing them out for archival purposes and to see what they look like in the real world? I think paintings like this really need a context to be appreciated fully. Sitting on a computer screen in my man cave is vastly different than what it would look like framed and mounted in just the right kind of house. . . sort of modern, uncluttered, rather pristine -- like an specimined abstract expressionist side of someone's personality who's had that part of them pinned and mounted like in a butterfly collection or something wild that has been reduced to a symbol. This would be the little bit of 'wildness' in the description of the people who live there. . . a little look into their artsy, free spirit that very well may be hidden from outer appearances and thus something that won't get out and rock the boat.

Here's another thought unrelated to this painting: You should paint something pacific northwest themed for the art market up there, like a painting of salmon eggs and call it Gallery Rowe. (La Cienega Blvd in LA/Hollywood once upon a time in the 70s was called Gallery Row owing to the huge jumps in the art market and it was gallery after gallery in that certain part.) Bet you would have really done well back then when it was really happening.

Anyway, a brilliant ride you're on, 95 percent of which is hidden. But I've no doubt it's quite exciting like getting your yacht out of the shallows where you can really open 'er up. I ain't talking rowe boat, neither. . .

Go man go!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very broad. Interesting. So what were you aiming at? Are you going to show your prints in a gallery? Is that where all this is leading? Or are you printing them out for archival purposes and to see what they look like in the real world? I think paintings like this really need a context to be appreciated fully. Sitting on a computer screen in my man cave is vastly different than what it would look like framed and mounted in just the right kind of house. . . sort of modern, uncluttered, rather pristine -- like an specimined abstract expressionist side of someone's personality who's had that part of them pinned and mounted like in a butterfly collection or something wild that has been reduced to a symbol. This would be the little bit of 'wildness' in the description of the people who live there. . . a little look into their artsy, free spirit that very well may be hidden from outer appearances and thus something that won't get out and rock the boat.

Here's another thought unrelated to this painting: You should paint something pacific northwest themed for the art market up there, like a painting of salmon eggs and call it Gallery Rowe. (La Cienega Blvd in LA/Hollywood once upon a time in the 70s was called Gallery Row owing to the huge jumps in the art market and it was gallery after gallery in that certain part.) Bet you would have really done well back then when it was really happening.

Anyway, a brilliant ride you're on, 95 percent of which is hidden. But I've no doubt it's quite exciting like getting your yacht out of the shallows where you can really open 'er up. I ain't talking rowe boat, neither. . .

Go man go!!!!
    dear D Akey, so many questions and so few answers.. I am printing most of my new work to see how it comes out, still would like to see them at a very large scale someday. but for now they are constrained to 17x22" max. I am still getting used to retirement and have not pursued getting my work out to a gallery audience, I know there are books etc on how to market your work and I am reading one now. but to be truthful I am still painfully shy about sharing them in that context. it took me a very long time to even find the right online gallery, forum to start posting my digital work and the Art Rage forum has been very very good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Gary yeah thats how my paperwork looks to me I keep meaning to sort it out but get fedup looking at it and just bung it away were I can't see it ok

thanks yes I like more my style ok CIAO IVAYA CON ABSTRAITS SLAINTE HOO ROO
    Hi Eighty+.. I am honored you stopped by and commented, I know this art style is hard for you to comment on but I am glad you did!... thank you very much!.

A special one for you in a way.
    As strange as it may sound, this abstract painting seems to have a weird sort of perspective, tremors and movemens and a sort of intrinsic instability. The bold, vivid colors on earthen tones contributed, with the above impressions and perceptions, to make me think You are actually, subconsciously expressing here the recent Nepal-Tibet disasastrous earthquake ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A special one for you in a way.
    As strange as it may sound, this abstract painting seems to have a weird sort of perspective, tremors and movemens and a sort of intrinsic instability. The bold, vivid colors on earthen tones contributed, with the above impressions and perceptions, to make me think You are actually, subconsciously expressing here the recent Nepal-Tibet disasastrous earthquake ...
    Caesar, wow I think you are right, I have been very moved by all that is going on in Nepal-Tibet and have always had a strong connection with that area of the world and now that you draw my attention to the image I see it very strongly! the bright colors and earth tones and tumbling towers... amazing !..