ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ok. I give up. How do I import a ptg file into ArtRage Galaxy Note 4?

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

Ok. I give up. How do I import a ptg file into ArtRage Galaxy Note 4?

I'm trying to transfer a ptg file from the desktop to the Note 4. But, for the life of me I can't figure out how to open a file that is not in the gallery!

Help!!!!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post

I'm trying to transfer a ptg file from the desktop to the Note 4. But, for the life of me I can't figure out how to open a file that is not in the gallery!

Help!!!!
    Ok, so I figured out I had to select "Show All" to see the PTG file. But, it gives me an error message. Are there any restrictions when importing a PTG to the Galaxy Note 4?

Hmmmm. It is really unfortunate that one can not export a PTG file from the Note 4. Only JPG or PNG. Is that going to change at anytime?
    Last edited by Victor Osaka; 05-03-2015 at 06:28 AM.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

There are a couple of ways to export/import files.

1. Share > Share Painting File will export a PTG

2. Plug your phone in via USB and navigate to the ArtRagePaintings folder to copy and move PTGs to your heart's content in either direction

3. Email the file to yourself, download it and find it in the Device Storage, tap it to open in ArtRage.

Edit: and probably more. Android devices are pretty easy to transfer files to/from. If it's on the device, open it and it will automatically use ArtRage. If it doesn't work the first time, try again.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!