ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: the CoastLine

the CoastLine

I took one of my intermediate stages of the Abandoned Garden and it became the Coast Line with its ocean tidal surge... satellite view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Coast Line.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	321.5 KB 
ID:	86367  

A reminder of our amazing planet

The ocean has movement and beautiful color. I used to live at Virginia Beach. It is a privilege to live near the ocean. In the winter the foam would freeze and blow down the beach like tumble weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The ocean has movement and beautiful color. I used to live at Virginia Beach. It is a privilege to live near the ocean. In the winter the foam would freeze and blow down the beach like tumble weed.
    Yes I love the desert and the ocean and where they meet and I am glad you like the movement of my "ocean"

My son bought himself a toy -- one of those flying camera drones. This is the kind of shot I would expect to see lots of were you to buy one of them and harvest the angle for inspiration.

This has a neat quality-- the water feels like it's moving -- perhaps like time lapse where it all kind of smears directionally. I really love the long, commanding sweep of blue rather than something more uncertain.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    My son bought himself a toy -- one of those flying camera drones. This is the kind of shot I would expect to see lots of were you to buy one of them and harvest the angle for inspiration.

This has a neat quality-- the water feels like it's moving -- perhaps like time lapse where it all kind of smears directionally. I really love the long, commanding sweep of blue rather than something more uncertain.

Yes an aerial view, glad you liked the touch of the moving water, I think it gave it the sense of flow and I did not want to break it up with my usual heavy texturing... it was in intermediate step during "Abandoned Garden".. amazing how things evolve during a painting I usually save off 4 or 5 intermediate steps for initial starts in future works.