ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I am having an issue with importing an image to layer. MAC

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

I am having an issue with importing an image to layer. MAC

I am having an issue with importing an image to layer. An error occurs upon scaling the import if I "accidentally" activate transform on the puck. The resulting imported image is missing from the canvas yet appears on the layer thumbnail but is not really on the canvas as least not as expected.

https://youtu.be/ViIjFm3lPNk

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Yes that happens here to.
    If you were to go ahead and save that project now, the next time you open it you will get a warning dialogue that there is a problem with the effected layer before the file opens.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 10.25.03.png
Views: 45
Size:  39.1 KB
    Taking a step back now.
    At the point where the image being imported jumps to the top left corner (and its always that corner?) ignore what it's just done and instead touch inside the bounding box which hasn't actually moved or altered.
    When you do that the image "snaps" back to where it should be and you can carry on as normal positioning/scaling it.
    There dose however still remain a "ghost" image in the top corner but it goes away after you have finished the importing process. Indeed if you were to drag the image being imported over any part of that "ghost" image during positioning/scaling, it "erases" those areas of the ghost image that it crosses.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Just checked on Windows, and it's not Mac related, it's the size of the image. A larger-than-canvas image will just jump to actual size and fill the whole canvas (then NOT vanish). A smaller image will act as you described. I'll pass this along to see if it's something we can fix. Thanks for reporting it!
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Thanks HannahRage

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)