ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First Time Art Rager - Warrior Girl (WIP)

First Time Art Rager - Warrior Girl (WIP)

Hello all, i am new to the forums and fairly new to ArtRage as well.
    I began my art journey sometime last summer, and i started with Digital Art. I have not really fiddled to much with the program, which i downloaded yesterday. Art Rage Studio came bundled with my Wacom Intuos and this is the first time i am using a graphics tablet. All of my past drawings were done on my IPad with an app called Procreate.

I sketched the body to flesh out proportions, then began designing some armor and inked it in. Now comes the coloring/painting... which of course i have little experience in doing, but i'll be scouring the forums for helpful tips from time to time.

Thanks for dropping by.

Eric

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warrior_Girl(WIP).jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	288.9 KB 
ID:	86316

Update

Finished the armor and face, fleshed out the main colors.
    Did a bit of shading, still testing out the tools Art Rage has to offer.
    Need to do a bit more shading, highlights, hair, and then add a weapon.

Name:	Warrior_Girl(WIP).jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	86317

Welcome to the ArtRage forums, Eric. It looks like you're off to a great start with ArtRage. Looking forward to seeing your completed image
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Good start! How're you liking ArtRage so far?

Complete

Thanks Guys, I am enjoying ArtRage very much. I still need to get used to the painting style of it, I occasionally find myself trying to color like a pencil crayon with the dry brush on etc. But I am sure i will get familiar with the program fairly quickly if i keep messing around with it.
    Anyways, here is what i've got as a completed piece. I'm sure i could add more detail, but i've decided to move on and call it complete lol

Name:	Warrior Girl.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	86324

EDIT: Guess I could probably clean up the outline a bit, haven't noticed it until after i posted lol
    Last edited by Roccstar1oh1; 04-27-2015 at 04:41 AM.

Looks great, nice job! If you have any questions about the program, be sure to ask them. The members here are always happy to help
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think it turned out quite well, glad to hear you are enjoying ArtRage so far. As Someonesane said feel free to ask any questions, community here is probably one of the most friendly I've had the pleasure of encountering so far.