ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First drawing that I'm happy with

First drawing that I'm happy with

I drew this with graphite (real graphite), it's the first drawing that I've really been happy with. I took my time and everything is exactly the way I wanted it to be. As I said, this was done in graphite but AR gave me the foundation.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chief.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	86292

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

How? I mean How!!!!

Really good portrait. I love that it's very legible and that things are were they ought to be, structure-wise.

So back to my original statement. . . I mean question: How did AR give you a foundation? Is that a comment about the first stage of putting on make-up? Fashion tips from the Buckskin Set? Did you print out a starting outline or something that you did in AR? Or are you saying that you owe your progress in learning to draw to AR? And did you use any fixative to preserve it? Get a frame or a matte -- or both!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Congratulations! I always stated that ArtRage was also a great opportunity to improve on "tangible/ hard and real tool" art creation as weel and Your outcome is a further demonstration. You have good reasons to be happy with this portrait, but, curiously enough, Your subject doesn't look happy too ... LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    How? I mean How!!!!

Really good portrait. I love that it's very legible and that things are were they ought to be, structure-wise.

So back to my original statement. . . I mean question: How did AR give you a foundation? Is that a comment about the first stage of putting on make-up? Fashion tips from the Buckskin Set? Did you print out a starting outline or something that you did in AR? Or are you saying that you owe your progress in learning to draw to AR? And did you use any fixative to preserve it? Get a frame or a matte -- or both!
    Because AR got me stated, it showed me that I COULD learn to draw. Remember when I first started I said I couldn't even draw sick men? AR gave me the means to try things.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/