ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I'm having trouble with the gradient fill colour picker.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

I'm having trouble with the gradient fill colour picker.

I'm having trouble with the gradient fill colour picker.

Can anyone shed some light? Am I doing it in an incorrect manner?

http://youtu.be/vpr0kEgmOJ0

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Hmmmmm

Not sure why yours isn't changing .. but I couldn't see exactly what you were doing. Here's what I do. and it works on mine...

-Set the main color to what you want by clicking on the "Main" square and choose the color. Do the same with the secondary
    -Click on the left top circle (Bottom is the transparency, top is the color) and then use the drop down to choose Main
    - Do the same for any other gradient color.. first choose the circle by clicking on it.

Alternatively.. you can choose "Fixed Custom Color" and clicking on the square after "Color" you can set any other color without using the main or secondary

D

From what I can see in the video, it should be changing. It does on my end, though I'm on a Windows OS. It may be a Mac only issue. Did you have any panels open that may be behind the Gradient panel? Do you remember what you were doing just prior to noticing that you couldn't change the color?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think you may be right about the Mac only thing someonesane. I'm getting exactly the same behavior as Victor I think.

Clicking on the "Main" colour chip and selecting a new colour does nothing to the actual gradient.
    Clicking on the "Secondary" chip allows the selection of a new secondary colour.
    Clicking on the "Color" chip (bottom right) only allows selection of the "Main" colour.
    Making any selection from the PopUp menu next to "Color" has no effect. It only ever shows a tick next to "Fixed Custom Color" when the far left slider (which should be the "Main" colour) is selected.
    Clicking on any of the circles on the top row of sliders elicits no menu response. One can only drag them left/right.

If anyone has time to make a short recording it might be good to see how it works on Windows.
    Last edited by markw; 04-24-2015 at 03:12 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks for confirming markw. Got a feeling it is a MAC only problem.

I hope it will be added to the fix list.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Ah, we missed a menu... The 4.5 update for 64 bit changed a bunch of things and part of that added the requirement on OS X that menus are handled slightly differently. Looks like we missed this one, will get that sorted.

Update: OK, fixed this in our internal build. I'll look at what else we've changed and see when we can schedule an update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

cool......