ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nessie

Nessie

Nessie it is said, lives in Lochness, a Loch in Scotland, but many searches have not found her, I recon she pops out through a secret underwater channel into the sea, only coming "home" from time to time as the mood takes her, perhaps looking for a mate? but there's not many around these days.....Hope you like the picture, ...Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessie. (there are not many of us about these days).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	86284  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Very nice

Nice work.. I like it

D

Fantastic Nessie's periscope! She borrowed the metallic harmor from Ironman. LOL Absolutely masterful image. How did You change tones, colors and waves to vary the rendering of water from Your renowned seas to a lake?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

MKROOT,
    Thank you for your reply.......Jack.

BushcraftOnFire,
    Thank you for your comment....Jack.

Caesar,,
    Hello my friend, I actually did a quick paint of Nessie on a grey back ground, it didn't look too bad so I used an old background on another layer, it was one I posted a while back with a castle on the hill in the background, very easy to remove castle off the skyline with the colour of the sky, and because Nessie was on another separate layer, it was very simple to use magic wand to remove the grey background, then just hold down Ctrl key and press J key to adjust colour balance and hue until it looked about right, very simple and quick to do, thank for your comment appreciate your feedback.....Jack.
    P.S. I have included below the paint I did for Nessie on the grey background, and you can see the original was green, so I did a bit of hue change for the final picture, just to blend the colour in a bit better, I suppose I could have left it green though, actually I like the green one best without the backdrop.....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessie.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	260.2 KB 
ID:	86285  

Thank You for Your explanation, dear Jack!
    I agree that green scales and skin, which You prefer, would be more natural for a huge reptile needing camouflage into a lake with plenty of waterweed and green reflexes, but the color You eventually used is fascinating and stands out in its metallic shine, as if Ness were made of brass! I like it too!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Poor Nessie is looking particularly forlorn. . . Almost like an advert for a dating service.

"Looking for a proper Scottish lassie, Jimmay? Right. Then take yer social calendar to the high road for a date with a demure bathin' beauty. Patience is a virtue in the heelands, oh aye. She's not always on time, but she's worth it. . . She's a big heart has our wee Nessie!"

Very cool image. Interesting about the re-use of your castle background. Nice idea I never would have spotted it other than you mentioning it because it looks so well fitted. Plus, you're kind to the environment since you recycle.

Go man go!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I believe!

Having been to the loch I can well imagine a Nessie in there. Lots of fun in this one.