ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brushes have stopped working.

Brushes have stopped working.

I have done something, and now the brushes won't work on any layer. I can, however, draw on my scratch pad, and everything works fine if I go to a new drawing. This has happened to me before, and I have been forced to just start over. (Irksome!) This is definitely, a me problem. Any thoughts?

Hmm. Any chance you were using the selection tool? If you have an active selection anywhere, you won't be able to paint outside of it (except on your Scraps)
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Yes Hannah that happened to me just the other day working on a large canvas!
    You only have to accidentally brush the canvas while the selection tool is active and a selection will be made so small you don't even notice the little line marking the area. Hitting cmd/ctrl+D will clear it.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Yes, that was it exactly. After staring at the screen for about an hour, and without any real hope of a solution, I decided to try clearing all selections. Voila! It worked. Somewhere along the line I had selected something, and didn't know it. (I'm trying to learn the hot keys.) Thank you for your reply, and your spot on suggestion.

Oh good. This is one of those little gotchas that's really simple once you know about it, but incredibly confusing if you don't.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!