Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watercolor problem and question

Oh, wow! thank you so much!!! Please let me know when the video is up! Can't wait to see it and learn!

Okay, it's done! Had to cut the video in half, because apparently having a free account means you can't have a video over 15 minutes long on YouTube. Lesson learned (after waiting 40 minutes for the initial video load and then having it rejected, lol). So you'll need to watch it in two parts, I'm afraid. Hopefully I managed to cover what you needed and didn't ramble on to much. My heads still a bit fuzzy from my cold, so I was having trouble staying on track. Anyways, here's the links:

Part One: LINK 1

Part Two: LINK 2

And here's the image created in the tutorial:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Into the Stars Tutorial.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	86293
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Awesome. I'm putting that up as a post on the main site. Edit: done. So many windows open at once http://www.artrage.com/into-the-star...y-someonesane/

Also, just as an FYI and good manners things, the original source image comes from http://yuliyart.blogspot.com/2013/06...rry-skies.html

(I should have made sure they were credited before, but was distracted by the discussion).

...and I'm also moving this over to Tips and Tricks, as it's more tutorial thread than 'how do I computer'.

Oh, wow! Thank you so much!!! This is beautiful! Indeed, what I was missing were these two overlay layers. I was changing the kind of paper for each painted layer, but I was not creating actual separate texture layers. Your tutorial made everything very clear! Thank you again so much!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Fantastic videos Someonesane! Loved it.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Also, just as an FYI and good manners things, the original source image comes from http://yuliyart.blogspot.com/2013/06...rry-skies.html
    (I should have made sure they were credited before, but was distracted by the discussion).
    Awesome, thanks Hannah!

Quote Originally Posted by ELQ View Post
    Oh, wow! Thank you so much!!! This is beautiful! Indeed, what I was missing were these two overlay layers. I was changing the kind of paper for each painted layer, but I was not creating actual separate texture layers. Your tutorial made everything very clear! Thank you again so much!
    Glad you found it was helpful, ELQ!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    Fantastic videos Someonesane! Loved it.
    Thanks
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yes another great tutorial from you someonesane!
    I think we have just witnessed the creation of an instant classic
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.14.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M

A superbly pitched and executed tutorial, as ever SoS, which answers many of my nagging questions about AR watercolour techniques. We 'Ragers are so lucky to have access to the many benefits of your skill and expertise which you are willing to give so selflessly - for this, many thanks!